It's Political Correctness Gone Mad!

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a vegetarian, but one with no time for PETA's publicity-hungry misplaced priorities. I use the first of those phrases nearly every day and don't have a problem with the rest. The alternative suggestions get sillier as they go along.

It's almost as if words are less important than actions. If only there were a popular saying to remind people of that... 

Had to check that actually came from an account with a following of over a million people. It genuinely reads more like a parody.

It's gotten them publicity though, albeit for an idiotic post, which is all they're after - so kudos to them.

PETA have done some very questionable stuff, in the grand scheme of things that really isn’t a big deal. It appears to be a light hearted way of getting people to think about a topic. They are using a ‘popular’ debate about words/labels to get people talking.

Like most “political correctness gone mad” stuff, this is pretty harmless to anyone not looking to be offended. 

• Paid Members

The opening post is just the latest example of PETA's particular brand of attention seeking stupidity. As Maxwell said, can't really be arsed with getting offended by it unless you want to.

The follow up where they try and compare racist and homophobic language to things like SuperBacon's username goes beyond that and isn't on. 

6 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

It appears to be a light hearted way of getting people to think about a topic. They are using a ‘popular’ debate about words/labels to get people talking.

Like most “political correctness gone mad” stuff, this is pretty harmless to anyone not looking to be offended. 

Well, I wouldn't say I'm offended at the fact that this "light-hearted" post is trying to draw comparisons between language using animals with racism and homophobia, but it's certainly not the kind of road anyone would want to go down, surely? 

Archived