Killing Time on a Journey

AdamTH17

Did I create this topic to coincide with the multitude of long-distance journeys I'm making next year?

Perhaps.

How do you kill time when traveling, be it a flight/drive/coach/train, whatever.

Do you get yourself a good book? Earphones in? Podcasts? Handheld gaming? 

I'm personally crap at sleeping whenever I'm on the move, so it's usually swapping between stuff I've downloaded prior on Netflix and a book to get me through.

• Moderators

I like to take a book with me and then not bother reading it because I'm too busy flicking between Ukff and Reddit on my phone.

If it's a flight I'll download some movies and TV I've been meaning to watch, and then not bother watching them and instead watch the rubbish on the in-flight system.

• Awards Moderator

I go armed with multiple forms of entertainment so I’m covered whatever mood I’m in.

- Podcasts, absolutely. Get into one that’s been going years, that’s hundreds of hours of content.

- Netflix does offline downloads, I’m starting Star Trek: The Next Generation from the beginning. If I want something quicker, All4 has every episode of Whose Line.

- Our bookshelf has about a dozen books I’ve bought and not got round to reading. I can’t justify more books until I’ve read at least some of them.

- Failing that, you can’t beat a good magazine, or if your transport has WiFi, you can find yourself as hopelessly addicted to Star Wars: Galaxy Of Heroes as I am. If I can just get enough Hera Syndulla shards to upgrade her to five stars in time to unlock Grand Admiral Thrawn... just one more daily login...

I usually just answer emails and draw. Once I did a status on Facebook saying “I will PayPal £20 to whoever posts the best meme within the next 2 hours.”

For two hours I was getting new funny memes that really helped pass the time. It became more of a challenge to be the best than actually get the money. The winner saved one of my profile pictures and wrote “when you pretend to give £20 away just to see memes.” I sent him the money and then he donated it to the Women’s Aid charity. Happy ending all round, a lot of laughs were had and a few people outed themselves for numerous unfavourable opinions

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I usually just answer emails and draw. Once I did a status on Facebook saying “I will PayPal £20 to whoever posts the best meme within the next 2 hours.”

For two hours I was getting new funny memes that really helped pass the time. It became more of a challenge to be the best than actually get the money. The winner saved one of my profile pictures and wrote “when you pretend to give £20 away just to see memes.” I sent him the money and then he donated it to the Women’s Aid charity. Happy ending all round, a lot of laughs were had and a few people outed themselves for numerous unfavourable opinions

I play Pinball Arcade.

Archived