Who is the least cool person on the planet?

Gus Mears

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

This couldn't be more wrong if you tried.  Morrissey is more known for his interviews than his music these days and he knows exactly what he is doing.

You think so? All that nasty ill-expressed nationalistic shite? Back in the NME days he was an interesting guy to listen to. Now he's a reactionary old queen. Seriously, Keith? Some of the things he's said recently?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

I honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. You have perhaps worked me, so I'll leave it. 

It was to do with you drawing a comparison between Albarn being inept giving an opinion and Morrissey being equally inept.  The latter is not inept in the slightest when giving his opinion, he is very calculated.

Well, my point, perhaps expressed poorly, was that they both come across pretty badly whenever I've heard them on chat shows or in print. You're right, Morrissey is more calculated, but what does that say about him, given some of the moronic things he's said? He might be working, but it doesn't make his worldview any less shameful. It begs the question of why a man of his undoubted talent feels the need to still work the marks by saying stupid shit. He's gay. The Smiths stood for, I don't know, outsiders or whatever, yet there he is sounding very much like everything he once rallied against, in his prancing way. I don't think that's cool. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Well, my point, perhaps expressed poorly, was that they both come across pretty badly whenever I've heard them on chat shows or in print. You're right, Morrissey is more calculated, but what does that say about him, given some of the moronic things he's said? He might be working, but it doesn't make his worldview any less shameful. It begs the question of why a man of his undoubted talent feels the need to still work the marks by saying stupid shit. He's gay. The Smiths stood for, I don't know, outsiders or whatever, yet there he is sounding very much like everything he once rallied against, in his prancing way. I don't think that's cool. 

To be fair, that's something that can be said about all professional trolls, like Hopkins and Milo. If they mean what they say, they're cunts. If they don't mean what they say, they're still cunts.

2 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Morrissey is more calculated, but what does that say about him, given some of the moronic things he's said?

That's a completely different point though and has fuck all to do with the ineptitude of expressing an opinion.

9 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

To be fair, that's something that can be said about all professional trolls, like Hopkins and Milo. If they mean what they say, they're cunts. If they don't mean what they say, they're still cunts.

It's the hypocrisy that's the point, though. Hopkins ever stood for anything in the first place, so she's free to spout whatever mad shit gets attention. Morrissey, whether he liked it or not, stood for the marginalized. It's a mantle he has to own because he played up to it. Now he's talking shit about immigration and whatnot. He should be ashamed of himself. He's one of the few people you can accuse of being a "sell out" much as I deride that term.

Just now, Brewster McCloud said:

Morrissey, whether he liked it or not, stood for the marginalized.

No he didn't, he stood and stands for himself.  He isn't responsible for what others wish to project.

Just now, Brewster McCloud said:

He's one of the few people you can accuse of being a "sell out" much as I deride that term.

What has he sold out?

He has been flirting with racism and its imagery for over 25 years now,  The Smiths were active for 5.  Even back then his media was totally thought out.  

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

It's the hypocrisy that's the point, though. Hopkins ever stood for anything in the first place, so she's free to spout whatever mad shit gets attention. Morrissey, whether he liked it or not, stood for the marginalized. It's a mantle he has to own because he played up to it. No he's talking shit about immigration and whatnot. He should be ashamed of himself. He's one of the few people you can accuse of being a "sell out" much as I deride that term.

It's all much of a muchness at this point. We don't disagree on what a cock Morissey is.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Incorrect. Popmaster makes him cool as fuck.

100% disagree with this.

Though my position is clouded by when I worked for the Council and Jim 'using the scanner is really fun' Waite and the other people who had been there since the mid 80's insisted on putting it on every day religiously. 

Archived