Who is the least cool person on the planet?

Gus Mears

7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

No he didn't, he stood and stands for himself.  He isn't responsible for what others wish to project.

What has he sold out?

He has been flirting with racism and its imagery for over 25 years now,  The Smiths were active for 5.  Even back then his media was totally thought out.  

That's such a wank thing to say, "he stands for himself". So do I, so do you. Obviously. But, as popular as the Smiths were, he, whether he tried to or not, ended up with a fanbase who looked up to him. He was, for better or worse, a "spokesman" for his livly livered, cardigan-clad poetry writing fanbase. That bloody awful poetry! Why are you letting him off the hook just because you like the Smiths? I'm listening to There Is a Light That Never Goes Out now, but for fuck's sake, call your man out when he's being a prick. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's because Jim Waite was correct.

EDIT - @Brewster McCloud I'm addressing your your point that Albarn is as inept as Morrissey.  I'm pointing out that Morrissey is far from inept and how your comparison doesn't work.  I'm not letting off the hook at all because I'm not defending him.

Aye, fair enough. It all depends on how you define "adept" I suppose. You're right that Moz is a worker, but then - I hate to keep banging this drum - why work yourself into being such an awful person? Really, I think that some of the things he said in the past were great, to grab headlines in the music press - but now? I don't think he has a clue how he's coming across. And, if he does, then that's just shit. 

Christ, at least he's not Belle and fucking Sebastian.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

100% disagree with this.

Though my position is clouded by when I worked for the Council and Jim 'using the scanner is really fun' Waite and the other people who had been there since the mid 80's insisted on putting it on every day religiously. 

A million downvotes, Ken Bruce is the fucking man.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Jim "Man of correctness" Waite should print this out for the office.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/radio2/kenbruce/we_stop_for_popmaster.pdf

Yeah, he'll put that right next to the 'You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps' print out he had next to his desk. These are the sort of people who like Ken Bruce.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Yeah, he'll put that right next to the 'You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps' print out he had next to his desk. These are the sort of people who like Ken Bruce.

And they're still cooler than you.  What was the highest popmaster score in the office today?

7 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

If we have to nominate someone who actually thinks they're cool, this bloke from Big Brother thought he was the dogs bollocks but was probably the most pathetic bloke whose ever entered;

big-brother-10-image-4-599723304.jpg

I seem to recall his BB Housemates complaining that his breath stank. 

Bad Breath has never been or will ever be "cool".

Marcus was also a wrestling fan and all of us honest UKFF'ers out there must recognise that we we NEVER be cool, even if we try to fool ourselves by growing a neck beard and wearing a baseball cap the wrong way round.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Factotum said:

He used to. Not sure if he does now. He's always been an odd guy. This has reminded me that Alex James deserves a nomination.

Alex James deserves his own section. I like music, I like the 90s, I bloody love cheese and this man makes me embarrassed about all three every time his goofy looking grin and Dad dancing vibes appear anywhere on my television because he still thinks he's 'hip' to the kids.

Archived