Modest Business Names

ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

I think @Lion_of_the_Midlands has since informed me of it’s demise, but the wonderful Legal Food will always hold a special place in my heart - despite claims I once heard that their food was cooked in a giant wok full of sperm.

0B9B2C25-481D-4D45-A867-6E6BFB50FACA.jpeg

I can confirm it is re-opened, but whether they still have the giant wok is up for review. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I can confirm it is re-opened, but whether they still have the giant wok is up for review. 

No way!  Amazing.  Under the same name!?  The other wonderful, if not slightly racist, apocryphal tale I heard, was that it was actually supposed to be called Regal Food, which was comedically misheard by the sign writers because Chinese accents.  That clearly doesn't work, but is so much fun to believe.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, John Matrix said:

The other wonderful, if not slightly racist, apocryphal tale I heard, was that it was actually supposed to be called Regal Food, which was comedically misheard by the sign writers because Chinese accents.  

I bet they were "solly" when they realised their mistake.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Whenever I drive back from the Tuberculosis clinic, I pass a Chinese wholesalers call WH Lung.  Sounds very tempting.

Used to go past there coming home from uni.

That's it, that's the post.

4 hours ago, John Matrix said:

I think @Lion_of_the_Midlands has since informed me of it’s demise, but the wonderful Legal Food will always hold a special place in my heart - despite claims I once heard that their food was cooked in a giant wok full of sperm.

0B9B2C25-481D-4D45-A867-6E6BFB50FACA.jpeg

Ah Lincoln High Street, it’s been a while. Opposite the Papa Johns and the KFC and a couple of doors down from the Private Shop and Simply Pleasure. Quite the area of town.

34DB0298-54FD-4BF4-8189-072DB7EDCA7C_zps

Same name, different sign

Archived