Getting a Curry in, what you having?

Chilly McFreeze

Chicken dhansak, pashwari naan and loads of Bombay aloo (do my own rice). Although my local restaurant The Great Gurkhas Korma is phenomenal.

My exes family are from Burma and her chicken Khow suey is the best thing I’ve ever eaten. Loads of ginger, garlic, lemon, coconut milk in a massive pot, leave for ages, topped off with coriander, tiny slices of fried garlic, and fried egg (optional). With noodles or spaghetti instead of rice though. Best the second day when it’s been sat for a day. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Tayyabs is excellent; only been once, but that's mainly because it's incredibly popular, and a little expensive now.

Below is my dinner from Thursday evening. Mauritian-style beef mince curry. Normally have rice, but we had garlic and coriander naan this time.

IMG_20181128_191426.thumb.jpg.9332b823c53f9b3562c8da18d97b4fea.jpg

Yum!  Was this homemade?

• Paid Members

Veggie samosas and seekh or shami kebab starter, with the obligatory poppadoms and dips.

Probably a Keema madras, samber or vindaloo for my main with a peshwari naan, probably chips and rice as well if other people are present

Nice bombay potatoes or channa paneer as a side and some mango lassi to wash it all down.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Yum!  Was this homemade?

Yep! 

The big Mauritian speciality, which we haven't made in a long time (mainly because it's expensive, difficult to get hold of, and a big faff to cook) is octopus curry. Glorious stuff, it is.

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I bet he fucking does though.

Don't be so fucking stupid.

I serve it in a huge gold tureen.

• 4 years later...
  • Awards Moderator

Had a gorgeous curry last night in the Jolly Farmers in Purley, for any South Londoners who aren’t far away.

It’s just a standard boozer, but they only do Indian food. One of the best I’ve ever had which felt mad inside a run of the mill pub. Very much recommended, even if there‘s not much else going on around there.

27 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Had a gorgeous curry last night in the Jolly Farmers in Purley, for any South Londoners who aren’t far away.

I went in there not long ago, and it was brilliant. They were so good with my kids, who are so fussy they make my eating habits look normal, and accommodated every request.

Dunno if I want to spend much time in Purley though as you say. Not a lot to it.

• Paid Members

Looking for a new Indian Takeaway as I’m sick of the current one fucking up my orders.  It’s via Just Eat and it all written down for them, but always results in me having to go anyway to pick up the stuff they’ve missed.  Bastards.

• Paid Members

Had a nice Indian takeaway a couple of nights back.

Lamb phall.

Pilou rice.

Mixed kebab starter.

Chicken pakoras.

Keema naan.

And a bottle of Kingfisher to wash it down.

Very good 

Edited by Boycie