IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I wasn't being negative about it guys

11 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

So has he dropped the mexican gimmick completely now then.... the gimmick he put his heart soul and like 10+ years of absolute blood sweat and tears into dropped at the click of a finger........Christ 

CLEARLYPOSITIVE

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I was just saying it was really weird too* hear him be announced from Leeds ext at somewhere like progress.... 

It was weird to hear Ligero, property of WWE who prefer him to be billed as from Leeds, to be announced as being from Leeds in Progress, effectively a WWE UK developmental/feeder? Keep up, son.

* To.

• Paid Members

WWE aren’t really arsed about the North East these days, never really a massive live crowd and I think they draw around the 6k mark.

Other than Amir Jordan, I don’t think anyone of proper local note has been signed up. Which is great for the fans as there’s a wealth of talent up here and the local shows are thriving. 

The last 2 years have been really positive. There’s numerous promotions doing well. Most are selling out their respective home venues weekly. 

You’ve got the likes of North & Empire running adult/night club venues. North getting well over 200 standing in to each show in a packed atmosphere. It has a bit of an ICW vibe, but with a lot less CZW traits. Cracking crowds too.

MEW are family focused and on a working mans club. It’s been years since I’ve been to one of their shows. Packed out, great wrestlers, great atmosphere. It’s the WMC concept done really, really well. All seats covered, standing room only and at I guess I’d say they had a packed venue of around 140. 

The only true issue of note in regards to the WWE U.K. thing is that the local promotions are struggling to obtain affordable in house paramedics. This in itself has raised a lot of valid discussions, nationwide about safety and rightly so, however, from the fans perspective there will be little change in regards to product up here.

If anything, I think we’ll see those who aren’t signed possibly becoming more relevant, be willing to travel further and promotions willing to book them.

We might also see a few more international wrestlers coming over to try their luck on the U.K. scene, hopefully causing a buzz and catching the eye of WWE.

I suppose fans will have different perspectives based on where they are and which promotions have been effected. But for me as a fan in the N.E, I won’t be attending local shows any less and I know many others who share that sentiment.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

It was weird to hear Ligero, property of WWE...

I've always thought those 'property of WWE' shirts are quite... apt in their wording.

Those photos of new talent, smiling,  with a 'property of WWE' shirt on while HHH, their 'owner', smiles alongside them like 'We OWN you. Mwah-hah-hah'...

Never has a slogan been more appropriate.

11 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I've always thought those 'property of WWE' shirts are quite... apt in their wording.

Those photos of new talent, smiling,  with a 'property of WWE' shirt on while HHH, their 'owner', smiles alongside them like 'We OWN you. Mwah-hah-hah'...

Steady on Alex, you’ll be calling him a Nazi next

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Should get you one saying "Talking arse since 04"

On 12/4/2018 at 1:50 PM, westlondonmist said:

But 3000 less tickets at £35 a pop is a huge amount. Also it meant they didn't have to book the hydro and used the venue where they sold out 4000 about 4 years ago, which would have been far cheaper. It would also mean less merch sales. 

I'm not certain the tickets were as much as £35 a pop 3 years ago. I distinctly remember being unhappy at paying that price last year because it was much cheaper the year before and I refused to buy one. I luckily have got free tickets in my mates work box the last 2 years right enough but I wouldn't pay £35 for it so fairly certain it wasn't that first time. 

• Paid Members
On 12/3/2018 at 10:22 AM, Snitsky's back acne said:

ICW's Fear and Loathing show drew quite poorly yesterday, apparently.
Now, there could be any number of reasons for that of course but 2-3 years ago, as the rebel, underground promotion they drew a monster crowd to the Hydro - now they are WWE-affiliates their attendance for their biggest show of the year has dropped rather than increased.

Bad time of year, but they had ICW posters everywhere. Nobody recognizable on them. Should be sticking with the nightclub venues.

They do still run nightclub venues but the Barras and the ABC (before it went on fire) are regularly sold out and hold 1500ish I think.

Also, if you don't recognise British Strong Style or Grado then I'm not sure you really follow UK wrestling. Granted guys like Rey or RVD would be more recognisable to the casual fan but I think the majority of the ICW target audience would have recognised some of the folk on the poster.

Archived