Vince has BritWres in his pocket.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

In case you forgot, this is WWE's world and everyone else just exists in it.

Part of the WWE’s working agreements originally offered and agreed to were that WWE would have the right for the next several years, if they choose, to purchase the companies for an agreed upon price (high six figures in at least some cases) and then shut them down so they would no longer compete “with themselves” with the idea that would take place when they were running full-time schedules in those markets.

-Wrestling Observer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its being reported that the wrestlers in question are ok to work for the following companies.  Whether that correlates to "working agreements" is unclear.  It may be that he is allowing FCP and Attack due to who their owners are...

UK

PROGRESS

ICW

Fight Club Pro

Attack Pro Wrestling

Futureshock

GERMANY

wXw

IRELAND

OTT

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

To paraphrase @AdamTH17 Progress (My caps lock works fine thank you very much) are as punk as Brewdog.

Should change their branding 'Radio Rock Pro Wrestling'. Jim probably signed that contact around the same time he said he was watching RAW more than the G1. 

It's a shite state of affairs. I'm not too big on PROGRESS or ICW, but this goes to the show that the, "We're just nice guys looking to grow the scene" narrative spun by WWE has always been bollocks. 

@ the_mole

it has been reported there are 3 tiers.

Top Tier

The reported deal was they could only work for the above companies going forward.  However they would be allowed to honour bookings in other companies for rest of the year on condition that a paramedic was in attendance. They are not allegedly allowed to wrestled anyone from ROH NJPW etc, however Impact are ok and not classed as competition.

The second tier have had their contracts rollover with no change.  They can work other promotions (but not compete against ROH etc).

The bottom tier haven't even contacted about changes apparently.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, midlandsfirst said:

Its being reported that the wrestlers in question are ok to work for the following companies.  Whether that correlates to "working agreements" is unclear.  It may be that he is allowing FCP and Attack due to who their owners are...

8 minutes ago, the_mole said:

Wasn't part of the deal was they could go wherever but couldn't wrestle anyone from, ROH, New Japan, Impact or WOS.

Not what the OP is about. It's about the fact WWE have the option to buy then close down their UK subsidiaries if they feel like it.

• Paid Members

My guess re "working agreements" which is wildly different from "don't give a shit if they wrestle there" would be that the acid test is "Has Balor turned up there while under contract" (or Aleister Black, Dakota Kai or anyone) which makes your subsidiaries, as previously suggested - Progress, ICW and OTT.

9 minutes ago, air_raid said:

My guess re "working agreements" which is wildly different from "don't give a shit if they wrestle there" would be that the acid test is "Has Balor turned up there while under contract" (or Aleister Black, Dakota Kai or anyone) which makes your subsidiaries, as previously suggested - Progress, ICW and OTT.

and (not uk but) wXw (this December against BSS)

I assume FCP and Attack are just because of their owners but Futureshock seems the odd one out

2 minutes ago, midlandsfirst said:

and (not uk but) wXw (this December against BSS)

I assume FCP and Attack are just because of their owners but Futureshock seems the strange one

My guess is the link between Jim Smallman and Chris Brooker.  Since Brooker owns Futureshock, maybe he managed to get in with wwe folks through his link with Smallman. 

Or that Zack Gibson, Jack Gallagher and Ashton Smith all came from there...

Archived