MMA is shite: Fury vs Wilder

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Anyways, fuck that.

Bollocks,  If you wanted to "Fuck that" you wouldn't have replied to his initial post, why are you trying to shut it down after you've had a say?  Plus you edited that post, you could've stuck above line in an edit too.

(Unless you did it solely to annoy me, in which case, upvoted)

There's loads of different things to knit pick about negotiations re Wilder and Joshua, Wilder tried to cal Joshua's bluff, Joshua wanting proof but then back tracking saying he wont fight Wilder in America and the fight has to be on Sky cause he has exclusive contract with them made the whole thing pointless anyway.

I'll be ordering through BT tonight. Unless anyone knows a different way the fight can be ordered at a cheaper price?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bollocks,  If you wanted to "Fuck that" you wouldn't have replied to his initial post, why are you trying to shut it down after you've had a say?  Plus you edited that post, you could've stuck above line in an edit too.

(Unless you did it solely to annoy me, in which case, upvoted)

i didnt do it to annoy you Keith, though i will in future. I edited because my tablet auto-corrected Haymon and Harmon

1 minute ago, Egg Shen said:

i didnt do it to annoy you Keith, though i will in future

Proper order.  

3 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

I edited because my tablet auto-corrected Haymon and Harmon

And now I'm picturing The erstwhile Labour Politician Harriet Harmon standing at the Despatch Box wearing a baseball cap and a full length leather coat.

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

I'm only going from what I'm hearing from both sides and whilst I'm fully aware both sides will spin the story in their favour i have zero doubt that Hearn is speaking closer to the truth than Wilder and company. 

Zero doubt why? What is your zero doubt based on? Forget "what you're hearing" and look at the facts as I've laid them out for you. Do you think Wilder, who is advised and managed by guys who are literally worth tens of millions of dollars because of their ability to make money, turned down Eddie Hearn's supposed lucrative offer in order to accept a lesser offer against an opponent who really provides no solid upside?  

If Wilder wins tonight he'll have beaten a guy who's been out for two years and who's had two rubbish comeback fights, and he'll have won nothing but a reported $10 million or so, while fighting in a town that really could not give less of a fuck about him. Wilder is Alabama-born with a boxing career made in New York.

But by your reckoning his shrewd-as-fuck boxing advisors have told him to refuse the offer from Eddie Hearn, that amounts to at least four or five times what he's getting for fighting tonight at a minimum, and refuse the opportunity to become the undisputed, holder of all belts (including the RING belt that Rocky left on Creed's grave) in front of 80,000 people in London?

Here's my take. I don't have "zero doubt," but I strongly believe that Hearn is talking shit, and it's not based on what I'm hearing, it's based on simple economics. If the offer that Eddie Hearn said he made was actually made, it would have been snapped up by Wilder.

No amount of not being "the A-side" or wanting to make the plebs think AJ is running away would outweigh making four or five times what he's making in this fight, plus the chance to win more titles. It just wouldn't, anyone who believes otherwise either believes Wilder is genuinely afraid of Joshua, or they're fucking morons, quite frankly.

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Remember Dave, it was Wilder supposedly offering Joshua career high money to take the fight but then refusing to provide proof that they had the money. The way they supposedly tried to goad Joshua into signing the dotted line without actually presenting a contract or being prepared to meet face to face for a meetin? Yet Frank Warren is reading over the contracts before they are sent and putting up some of the money? utter nonsence.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/405460/frank-warren-tony-bellew-argue-on-talksport-about-whether-anthony-joshua-has-been-offered-a-contract-to-fight-deontay-wilder/

And you don't think there's any chance that the plan all along was to do Wilder/Fury. Wilder/Fury was being negotiated before AJ had even beaten Povetkin. Haymon and Warren are business partners, that's why tonight's fight is happening.

Yeah, you're right. The plan all along was to pretend that they wanted to fight Joshua so Hearn would offer them a huge amount of cash and a crack at the undisputed heavyweight title in front of 80,000 people in London, so they could then turn him down and fight someone else for far less money, no titles to win, and in a city where no cunt gives a fuck about either of them.

Makes perfect fucking sense, right? C'mon man. F'n think about it.

Anyways, fuck that. Let's get back to the fight at hand. Anyone actually buying the PPV through BT tonight?

Sorry Ebb, if you get involved in big-boy chat you don't get to chat shit then say "anyway, fuck that," it doesn't work that way.

7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

C'mon @David, this is the UKFF.  If us members know better at promoting than those Vince and Dana chumps, we know better than the Hearns and Warrens of this world.

The thing is, you'd assume that a forum full of people who know how it works with promotion, PPV numbers, and how the main aim is making money, that they'd know a guy isn't going to knock back five times what he could earn in order to make far less and risk blowing his chance at a future windfall fight! Not willingly!

It's so fucking obvious this fight has been cobbled together at the last minute, probably with Wilder not getting any joy as far as AJ goes and figuring that a win here will help his cause for a bout in April. As for Fury? He's just been handed a chance he probably thought wouldn't be offered for a good few years yet, so he's essentially fighting with house money.

Back in the "Good old days", the pinnacle of sport was to be World Champ or if you were in a team sport, trophies and medals.  It seems that isn't the case at all now, success is measured by bank balances, not trophy cabinets.  I'm reminded of a Twitter spat between Phil Thompson and Robbie Savage.  Thompson was for me the better player by far and he said "Come on, Rob, lets see your medals" and listed all his achievements in Football.  Savage's reply? "Two league cup medals and 5 mill in the bank".

There are still sportsmen who would trade it all in to be considered the top of their game, like dare I say Mighty Mouse, but we hear how they don't know how to "Play the game" and scoff at them missing out on the bumper pay day.  Even Mayweather said when asked if he lost his undefeated record that the only zeroes he cares about are the ones in the bank balance.

• Paid Members

Some shocking players end up a trophy cabnet full of medals and millions in the bank when they retire. Those medals are just given out without anyone putting any graft in the competitions these days.

"Show me your medals, Jonathan Greening."

"Won the champions league mate. Never played, like."

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Was it the Mayweather McG fight where Sky Sports did some stat comparisons and one of the criteria was Instagram Followers? Too bad we gotta get old, Stallion.

That is shocking, but to be fair, when you've got a fight as bare of comparable aspects as that one was, or the only true comparisons one can make will completely destroy the marketing illusion of it being a fair fight, you have to try and dig up whatever you can to promote it, I guess.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, David said:

The thing is, you'd assume that a forum full of people who know how it works with promotion, PPV numbers, and how the main aim is making money, that they'd know a guy isn't going to knock back five times what he could earn in order to make far less and risk blowing his chance at a future windfall fight! Not willingly!

It's so fucking obvious this fight has been cobbled together at the last minute, probably with Wilder not getting any joy as far as AJ goes and figuring that a win here will help his cause for a bout in April. As for Fury? He's just been handed a chance he probably thought wouldn't be offered for a good few years yet, so he's essentially fighting with house money.

3 hours ago, David said:

Zero doubt why? What is your zero doubt based on? Forget "what you're hearing" and look at the facts as I've laid them out for you. Do you think Wilder, who is advised and managed by guys who are literally worth tens of millions of dollars because of their ability to make money, turned down Eddie Hearn's supposed lucrative offer in order to accept a lesser offer against an opponent who really provides no solid upside?  

If Wilder wins tonight he'll have beaten a guy who's been out for two years and who's had two rubbish comeback fights, and he'll have won nothing but a reported $10 million or so, while fighting in a town that really could not give less of a fuck about him. Wilder is Alabama-born with a boxing career made in New York.

But by your reckoning his shrewd-as-fuck boxing advisors have told him to refuse the offer from Eddie Hearn, that amounts to at least four or five times what he's getting for fighting tonight at a minimum, and refuse the opportunity to become the undisputed, holder of all belts (including the RING belt that Rocky left on Creed's grave) in front of 80,000 people in London?

Here's my take. I don't have "zero doubt," but I strongly believe that Hearn is talking shit, and it's not based on what I'm hearing, it's based on simple economics. If the offer that Eddie Hearn said he made was actually made, it would have been snapped up by Wilder.

Neither of us know the facts Dave, we're both coming to conclusions based off stories we're reading on the internet.

made in New York? until recently Wilder hadnt never even fought here, he stayed in Alabama because its the only place he could shift any tickets.

No solid upside? And what do you mean by nothing to gain but winning 10 million? thats 5 times the amount Wilder has ever earned for a fight, and if he wins it he'll be able to command even more from a potential Joshua fight plus probably gain more from the potential rematch he'll have with Fury as its written into the contract. You dont think for a minute that maybe thats whats the path his advisors told him to take? 

As for earning four or five times what he what have earned tonight instead of fight AJ? that isnt true, that would mean Wilder was offered somewhere close to $50 million to fight AJ which he wasnt, from what im reading it was somewhere around $8 million which is less than what hes making tonight.

Archived