MMA is shite: Fury vs Wilder

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

i still think Wilder and Fury's teams are the ones that prevented either Joshua fight from happening. Feels like they hatched a plan, put it into motion and tried to make it out like Hearn and Joshua wanted nothing to do with either man.

Theres a two way rematch clause tonight so no matter whos wins we'll likely get Wilder/Fury 2 next. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

i still think Wilder and Fury's teams are the ones that prevented either Joshua fight from happening. Feels like they hatched a plan, put it into motion and tried to make it out like Hearn and Joshua wanted nothing to do with either man.

Theres a two way rematch clause tonight so no matter whos wins we'll likely get Wilder/Fury 2 next. 

Prevented either Joshua fight? Fury was never really in the running for Joshua, which is smart from Hearn. You don't want to put Joshua in there with someone who'll box his face off for the duration unless you really have to. The wilder fight was the one that Hearn wanted.

In fact, so keen on not making the Fury fight is Hearn that he's said he'd be more interested in making Joshua vs Wilder even if Fury wins! 

• Paid Members

Hearn wanted Fury to be a part of the Matchroom stable and eventually fight Joshua but turned it down based on Fury's comeback plan to have around 7 fights against complete nobodies...or so he says. 

The Fury/Wilder thing felt like it came out of nowhere really but thats why im saying it was probably a ploy from the start to try and market this fight as biggest fight in the sport when in reality either fight with Joshua is bigger in every possibly way. That feeling is magnified when you find out that Frank Warren was involved with the "offer" made to Joshua to fight Wilder. Wilder/Fury's teams ochestrated this whole thing to make Joshua (whos the number 1 heavyweight in the world without doubt) look like hes running whilst they set up their own little money maker where they dont have to play second fiddle to Joshua because hes the A-side.

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Hearn wanted Fury to be a part of the Matchroom stable and eventually fight Joshua but turned it down based on Fury's comeback plan to have around 7 fights against complete nobodies...or so he says. 

Yeah, so Hearn says. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle and far less convoluted.

Fury has the chance to be one of Warren's main clients, while he knew he'd always be second fiddle to AJ with Hearn. seems a simple decision really.

4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The Fury/Wilder thing felt like it came out of nowhere really but thats why im saying it was probably a ploy from the start to try and market this fight as biggest fight in the sport when in reality either fight with Joshua is bigger in every possibly way.

If anything the fact that wilder has taken this fight with Fury suggests to me that it's more on Hearn than Wilder.

Think about it, why the fuck would Wilder knock back a shitload more money (allegedly) to instead face someone who's far more awkward and less of an attraction? That makes zero sense.

If the Joshua fight was there for the making, as Hearn suggests, I'd be inclined to think that Wilder would have been all over it. 

7 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

That feeling is magnified when you find out that Frank Warren was involved with the "offer" made to Joshua to fight Wilder. Wilder/Fury's teams ochestrated this whole thing to make Joshua (whos the number 1 heavyweight in the world without doubt) look like hes running whilst they set up their own little money maker where they dont have to play second fiddle to Joshua because hes the A-side.

If things went down as you say, then Wilder's team are absolute mugs. 

You're trying to tell me that an advisor as experienced as Al Haymon, the man who helped make Floyd Mayweather a multi-millionaire many times over, would actively advise against a fight with more upside and a shitload more money for both him and his client simply because they wouldn't get to be the "A-side"?

Seriously?

You're talking about a team that consists of some of the richest, smartest men in boxing. Al Haymon, Lou DiBella, Shelly Finkel. 

You think they all sat down and said "okay, we've been offered more money to fight Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight title of the world, probably in front of 80,000 people in London. But, let's instead take a fight with Tyson Fury for less money, with no title to win, and in LA where neither fighter has any real connection to the place."

The benefit?

"We make less money, risk our leverage in a fight with Joshua should we lose, and stand to not really win anything from the fight, but wait....we get to make it look like AJ ran away!"

Yeah, Ebb. Makes perfect fucking sense. 

Weigh it all up man.

AJ makes a shitload of money regardless of who he fights. Jarrell Miller, Dillian Whyte again, it doesn't matter. He'll sell a lot of tickets and a lot of PPV's regardless, right?

So why would Hearn take the risk at this point and maybe see his fighter get cleaned out? Why not let Wilder go fight Fury, maybe get a win and generate more interest down the line, as more British fans will know who he is, or if he loses it removes a huge threat and makes the Fury fight a possibility, which is also huge if Fury beats Wilder? 

All the while, line up Dillian Whyte, who AJ smashed in 7 rounds a few years back for some easy money. The mugs will pay top dollar for a ticket simply because it's AJ, Sky will promote the fuck out of it, and they'll make a fortune regardless, then they'll look to make a fight against the winner of tonights fight.

And that's not me claiming AJ "ran away" or that anyone is scared. That's simply sound promotion from Eddie Hearn. His job is to make sure his fighters earn as much as possible, and keep winning for as long as possible.

2 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Eddie Hearn is a lying coniving Dosser.

He's a promoter, and is no more a liar and a bullshit merchant than his old man is, or than Frank "IT IS ON!" Warren is. They're all at it, but in the end it's because they want to promote their fighter as best they can.

• Paid Members

What time do we reckon we will get to the business end of the card? I'm thinking the semi-main event. Don't want to miss the big fight, but I will have to have a few our sleep before it as I've been up since 4am this morning and I'm fucked!

I’ll give him credit for maximising his fighters potential earnings and looking after them though. Still a big dosser. He wanted Fury to sign then try and catch him early before he’s got his swagger back and put him in with his good mate Bellew to try and let Bellew steal a victory, then if Fury beat Bellew, Wyhte next....putting all the obstacles in place before a potential Joshua fight.  It’s like Hearn has Joshua as the king and he has his little gaurds in front of him before they get to AJ. 

I’m already reading he wants Usyk to fight the winner of Delboy and Chisora while AJ will either fight Pulev or Klitchko.

No matter what happens, joshua has a gimme in April. 

7 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

What time do we reckon we will get to the business end of the card? I'm thinking the semi-main event. Don't want to miss the big fight, but I will have to have a few our sleep before it as I've been up since 4am this morning and I'm fucked!

The semi-main event between Jarrett Hurd and Jason Welborn for the WBA, IBF, IBO super welterweight titles is due to start at 3.30am.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

Yeah, so Hearn says. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle and far less convoluted.

Fury has the chance to be one of Warren's main clients, while he knew he'd always be second fiddle to AJ with Hearn. seems a simple decision really.

If anything the fact that wilder has taken this fight with Fury suggests to me that it's more on Hearn than Wilder.

Think about it, why the fuck would Wilder knock back a shitload more money (allegedly) to instead face someone who's far more awkward and less of an attraction? That makes zero sense.

If the Joshua fight was there for the making, as Hearn suggests, I'd be inclined to think that Wilder would have been all over it. 

If things went down as you say, then Wilder's team are absolute mugs. 

You're trying to tell me that an advisor as experienced as Al Haymon, the man who helped make Floyd Mayweather a multi-millionaire many times over, would actively advise against a fight with more upside and a shitload more money for both him and his client simply because they wouldn't get to be the "A-side"?

Seriously?

You're talking about a team that consists of some of the richest, smartest men in boxing. Al Haymon, Lou DiBella, Shelly Finkel. 

You think they all sat down and said "okay, we've been offered more money to fight Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight title of the world, probably in front of 80,000 people in London. But, let's instead take a fight with Tyson Fury for less money, with no title to win, and in LA where neither fighter has any real connection to the place."

The benefit?

"We make less money, risk our leverage in a fight with Joshua should we lose, and stand to not really win anything from the fight, but wait....we get to make it look like AJ ran away!"

Yeah, Ebb. Makes perfect fucking sense. 

Weigh it all up man.

I'm only going from what I'm hearing from both sides and whilst I'm fully aware both sides will spin the story in their favour i have zero doubt that Hearn is speaking closer to the truth than Wilder and company. 

Remember Dave, it was Wilder supposedly offering Joshua career high money to take the fight but then refusing to provide proof that they had the money. The way they supposedly tried to goad Joshua into signing the dotted line without actually presenting a contract or being prepared to meet face to face for a meetin? Yet Frank Warren is reading over the contracts before they are sent and putting up some of the money? utter nonsence.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/405460/frank-warren-tony-bellew-argue-on-talksport-about-whether-anthony-joshua-has-been-offered-a-contract-to-fight-deontay-wilder/

And you don't think there's any chance that the plan all along was to do Wilder/Fury. Wilder/Fury was being negotiated before AJ had even beaten Povetkin. Haymon and Warren are business partners, that's why tonight's fight is happening.

Archived