MMA is shite: Fury vs Wilder

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

1 hour ago, David said:

Unless, as Butch pointed out, there isn't a rematch clause in the event of a draw. Usually rematch clauses are inserted to cover one of or both fighters winning.

listened to Bunce and Costello this morning where they spoke to both camps said they'd look forward to a rematch next year. Always gonna say that soon after the fight though.

That final round was one of the most ridiculous things ive ever seen. Fury os made from different stuff.

...and no, i aint sucking Davids cock.

edit* to post this...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

The mad thing is, as good as Tyson Fury looked, this was a Fury who probably could’ve done with another fight or two before going in with someone like Wilder. The fight probably came about 6 months to a year sooner than would’ve been ideal. And Fury still looked that good. If they do rematch, with another camp you have to think Fury’s only going to get a bit better and a bit sharper. Wilder will know this too. I really can see Wilder just going for the Joshua payday now while it’s still there. Because if he rematches Fury and loses, that goes up in smoke. 

I was telling this to a mate this morning. He'll only get better from here.

Lennox Lewis reckons the couple of shots that rocked him are due to his time away and him losing his conditioning of being hit (not sure I agree, but you get his point). He'd either not be there or he would have ate them better with a couple more fights.

It's annoying the terrible judges have soiled that performance Fury pulled out. We should all be crowing over it and that alone, but another big fight and we're again discussing how bollocks boxing is. Such a dirty sport.

• Paid Members

This is interesting. The great Emanuel Steward predicting Fury’s success way back in 2012. Way before Fury had beaten Klitschko, or really done anything as a pro. 

’There’s a certain toughness inside Tyson Fury. If he stabilises himself, I see him being a big, big factor in the heavyweight division and the next dominant heavyweight after Wladimir.’ 

He also called Wilder making it big at the end there as well. Steward knew what was up. Shame he never lived to see this fight. 

Edit - All due respect to the man but why does the thumbnail of that video make it look like Steward has an erection and a really long, really thin cock? He really liked Fury didn’t he? 

Thing is, either way the winner of the Wilder vs Joshua fight has to fight Fury, especially after his performance. To have them both fight then the winner face Jarrell Miller or something would be blatantly nonsense.

Either way, one of them will be facing the stinkbox King before too long!

• Paid Members

we are hopefully in a position now where all 3 fight each other a couple of times each in the next couple of years, there's a few interesting little fights to be made on the side whilst two of them fight but hopefully they rotate this fucker.

Heavyweight boxing this last few years has been brilliant, not always producing purist classics but in terms of drama nearly all the big fights seem to be delivering.

• Paid Members

True but if you’re in Wilder’s team you surely want the AJ fight first as it’s likely to be a huge stadium show with a big payday. If he rematches Fury first he most likely loses that payday, plus his belt, plus the 0 he should’ve lost last night. I think the only reason they took the Fury fight now was because they thought he wasn’t ready and they could catch him off-form and better their position in the Joshua negotiations. Now they know better and I’m sure they’ll push for the Joshua fight next. Then if he beats Joshua he’d have to rematch Tyson but by then at least he’s already got that AJ money banked. Although saying that, if Wilder were to beat Joshua then he’d probably contractually have to rematch him anyway. These rematch clauses. But if they can, depending on the Fury rematch clause, I think Team Wilder try to delay that and go for Joshua now before the window closes. 

The more I think about it I'd maybe want to see Wilder face Joshua in a big fight in London, and maybe see Fury face off with someone else to get a bit sharper, before (if he wins) facing the winner of the Wilder/AJ fight.

I've not been as excited about heavyweight boxing in a long time. We have a heavy-handed slugger, the smiling olympic darling and the mental fighting gypsy. What's not to love?!?

• Paid Members

It really is a great division. On top of those three you’ve got Dillian Whyte, Dereck Chisora, Big Baby Miller, Joseph Parker, Alexander Povetkin still lurking, old man Luis Ortiz, Hughie Fury, you’ve got Joe Joyce, Daniel Dubois and Nathan Gorman coming up. And of course Stone Cold Dave Allen. Obviously, these aren’t all world beaters, or even contenders, but there’s a great mix of styles and characters you can play with and mix and match for the next few years there. As much as I liked and admired the Klitschkos, the heavyweight division is so much more fun now than when they had a stranglehold on all the belts.

14 hours ago, David said:

Giving Wilder the first four rounds is possibly as ridiculous a decision as I've seen to be honest. 

I also don't get how the British judge scored round 6 to Wilder. I also think the judges were generous to give Wilder the opener. He landed a nice hook in that round; but I think Fury's work in the final 10 seconds stole him the round.

After reflecting back. I had it either 114-112 to Fury, or perhaps even 115-111. I find it hard to imagine that Wilder or even Joshua will ever out-score Fury on merit. They are both clearly capable of knocking him out. But Fury is the best boxer out of the three. 

10 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

..and no, i aint sucking Davids cock.

You know you want to EBB. Just close your eyes and think of England. 

• Paid Members

I'm sitting here and cant believe Fury basically got up from death. I've seen nothing like it. The result means fuck all to me, because anyone with eyes and a brain can see there was only one winner. But I dont think I'll ever forget Fury sitting up and continuing the gameplan.

Some man, though. If I'd have taken that punch from Wilder, I imagine about now my family would be saying "chicken legs and quiche at Ian's funeral is it?" He isnt of this world. Charismatic as fuck, too.

8 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

After reflecting back. I had it either 114-112 to Fury, or perhaps even 115-111. I find it hard to imagine that Wilder or even Joshua will ever out-score Fury on merit. They are both clearly capable of knocking him out. But Fury is the best boxer out of the three. 

Yeah, like a bit of a sadsack I watched it back again, and gave Wilder every round where I thought he could possibly have done enough to sneak it and I still had Fury by three.

Archived