MMA is shite: Fury vs Wilder

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

When do people stop calling other people scumbags for things theyve said on social media or in the past before?

Probably when they were too young enough to know any better.  Fury is a scumbag, an entertaining scumbag indeed and not near Mayweather levels of wankery, but it's not just about his social media, is it?  It's something he believes.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, W35ty said:

His beliefs come from the bible and what he was taught. Many millions belive the same things which is why they are still debated today

And if they hold the beliefs he has on homosexuality and abortion, they're scumbags as well. In my opinion, they use religion to mask their bigotry.  If the pope turned round tomorrow and said "Actually, we got it wrong about the gays, they aren't damned or perverts or abominations at all" I'm sure they'd all go along with it and never harbour ill will to homosexuals ever again.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Fury seems to be winning the psychological war. Wilder lost it at the presser today when they were doing the face off for the cameras. Fury is in his head already. 

Proper handbags stuff. Im not sure about Fury beiing in his head, both guys seem to be very much 'in' on the promotion for this. I know its all a part of the game but i think its all for the cameras here.

6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

If the pope turned round tomorrow and said "Actually, we got it wrong about the gays, they aren't damned or perverts or abominations at all" I'm sure they'd all go along with it and never harbour ill will to homosexuals ever again.

Yeah, but if the Pope did that he'd go to the bad fire, and who the fuck needs that hanging over them?

When Fury wins this, I hope he goes on a UK-wide tour of pro-choice, LGBT, anti-religion rallies and lords his success and archaic views over them like a white Clubber Lang, hoisted on the shoulders of jubilant Catholic boxing fans...

a6a56ae6-098b-41ad-8486-12da257291cc-ori

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Proper handbags stuff. Im not sure about Fury beiing in his head, both guys seem to be very much 'in' on the promotion for this. I know its all a part of the game but i think its all for the cameras here.

I'm sure that a lot of it is the promotional game, but having read the little bit from Mike Costello on the BBC website I think Fury has got to him. 

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46380483

Shouldn't still be pounding on the table half an hour later. I also get the feeling that this is the kind of madness that goes on in Fury's brain all the time, so it doesn't bother him. 

If the pope turned round tomorrow and said "Actually, we got it wrong about the gays, they aren't damned or perverts or abominations at all"

Pretty sure this Pope said something like this and people still didn't listen. If you're a bigot, you're a bigot. Its a stain on Fury as I think he's a very interesting chap, but his views on women and Homosexuality are awful. I would hope that, being young and having had his issues, he learns that he was wrong, but I doubt it.

Anyway, Fury seems pretty calm and composed in all this build up. Wilder seems incredibly tetchy and tense.

50 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Anyway, Fury seems pretty calm and composed in all this build up. Wilder seems incredibly tetchy and tense.

Fury is playing with house money and happy to be in the spotlight again. The pressure on Wilder is immense.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I assume they're both fighting in honour of their late fathers, Billy and Gene? 

I thought they were Wilder's grand-father and father, respectively.

EDIT: And Tyson's fighting in honour of his Russian uncle, Fistov.

I've just got through watching all the bits and bobs from the past day or so, and man does Wilder look like a dude who's cracking from the pressure. 

When Fury was doing his thing pre-fight Klitschko reacted with stunned bemusement, but Wilder doesn't seem to know how to take it all. He's going through the usual boxing routine of alternating between thanking God and talking tough, meanwhile he's got a grinning goon looking back at him, talking gibberish and acting mental.

Nothing seems to register with Fury, he's not on the same mental wavelength as most people.

I can see Wilder coming in as he usually does early, maybe landing a few good shots, maybe even dropping Fury, but Fury survives as he always does, only to go on and stinkbox his way to a decision, making Wilder look like a chump.

That media scrum Fury did wearing a suit jacket, gold chain and no shirt was awesome.

• Paid Members

i aint so sure about cracking, i just think Wilder's really playing up on this split personality thing hes trying to put across about becoming The Bronze Bomber. He was getting in a few reporters faces yesterday, i think he knows what hes doing. Cracking gimmick.

Archived