MMA is shite: Fury vs Wilder

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

He's a scumbag. A fucking good boxer and a strong character but not someone I could ever remotely like or support.

That said, if he wins this, it will increase my respect for him as a fighter. To do what he did to big Vlad is impressive - to do it twice would be remarkable.

You’ve pretty much nailed my sentiment 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

He's a scumbag. A fucking good boxer and a strong character but not someone I could ever remotely like or support.

That said, if he wins this, it will increase my respect for him as a fighter. To do what he did to big Vlad is impressive - to do it twice would be remarkable.

If you consider him to be "a scumbag" I'd hate to know your opinion of actual, proper scumbags. You know, the type who beat the shit out of their wives, who spend their kids food money on booze and gambling, who rob old women of their pensions and so on. 

He's an uneducated lad for sure, brought up in an often times weird environment that likely means he's not as socially sensitive as many of us who've been raised differently. He's certainly not the strongest mentally either.

But a scumbag? Not for me. I'll reserve such tags for the cunts who are worthy of it.

22 minutes ago, Factotum said:

On a side note, does Wilder need to win this more than Fury? If Fury loses, I can still see at some point him getting a Joshua fight (Warren/Hearn bollocks depending) given his name value in the UK especially.

But if Wilder loses, does he ever get Joshua? Will the interest ever be there?

You could make the argument that the loser is more likely to face Joshua than the winner...

Wilder defo needs it more. The American public haven't been that interested up to now and a loss in what is supposed to be his big moment would finish him.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, David said:

If you consider him to be "a scumbag" I'd hate to know your opinion of actual, proper scumbags. You know, the type who beat the shit out of their wives, who spend their kids food money on booze and gambling, who rob old women of their pensions and so on.

Cunts.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

He's an uneducated lad for sure, brought up in an often times weird environment that likely means he's not as socially sensitive as many of us who've been raised differently. He's certainly not the strongest mentally either.

But a scumbag? Not for me. I'll reserve such tags for the cunts who are worthy of it.

Fury - May, 2016:

B8898DC8-2CD3-44FE-A56A-BB8143993951.jpeg

He is a scumbag, and saying ‘soz like’ and saying ‘I’ll build some homes for the homeless, ohh and I was depressed’, doesn’t turn him face for me. So yeah, I’ll reserve such tags for Tyson Fury.

Plus he's been at it for years,

The British heavyweight Tyson Fury has apologised for making abusive comments about the British and Commonwealth champion David Price – and for a tweet posted on his timeline which said "dont like gays shoul all b shot dead".

Fury is already facing possible action from the British Boxing Board of Control after posting a video on Twitter which said: "David Price, I'm going to put you in intensive care, that's for sure mate. And you know your gay lover Tony Bellew? He's got to fight me in between the rounds as well. I want the two of you, you pair of tossers."

But he scored a few points back with

But Fury, who also called Price a "shithouse scouse prick" on Twitter

Well, I guess one man's uneducated moron is another man's scumbag.

For me, someone like Tommy Robinson, who is clearly a bright lad who knows exactly what he's doing when he says certain things, is a scumbag. Fury is like the big oaf who dropped out of school at 15 and was made to sit at the "yellow table" back in the day, where the kids played with Play Doh and used safety scissors while the rest of us did the times table and learned about Churchill.

He's an idiot. Does that excuse what he's said? Not a bit, but it does go a little ways to explaining why he said it. He's the kid at school who wore shirts that were too small and who called you "gay" if you didn't share your Monster Munch with him.

If anything I feel sorry for him. If you take away boxing he'd be in a fucking sorry state without doubt.

• Paid Members

Naa, you can’t have “he’s not a scumbag, he’s a moron”. 

He’s an utter bellend because as an adult, he thinks being gay, or a woman’s right to have an abortion shouldn’t be allowed.

I couldn’t give a fuck if he played with play doh or ate crisps as a kid, we’re not talking about functional skills fury, we’re talking about a man, who has general intelligence and awareness to form and chat opinion, and has a huge public platform, he is highly aware of what he’s spouting. 

For what it's worth, my mate met David Haye this week, and Haye thinks Wilder will win.  Says he's sparred with him and that he's more impressive than he looks.

• Paid Members

I think Fury will win, but as you all know I'm mainly wrong. Do I want him to win, I'm not so sure. He's a complicated character and as has been already shown, some of his opinions are horrific, but unsurprising given his background. The main thing that would make me not want him to win is the fact that Billy Joe Saunders has had 70 grand on Tyson to win at 11/8. BJS is a real scumbag and I'd like him to lose his money. 

• Paid Members

I think he'll win, he's too stubborn to lose. As much of a scumbag as he is (and he is), he's a clever boxer no doubt and tough as arseholes. Wilder will always have a chance in any match with that hit of his, but Tyson will outbox him and clinch like hell to avoid it. Fury on points for me. It won't be pretty, but I do think it will be fascinating.

I don't like him and normally wouldn't want him to win...BUUUUT if it sets up arguably the biggest domestic fight of all-time (it would be, wouldn't it? Bigger than Lewis/Bruno?), and if AJ were to win, I'd take that scenario. Until then I think there will always be those doubting AJ's claim as the man and I think beating Fury rather than Wilder will help cement that.

When do people stop calling other people scumbags for things theyve said on social media or in the past before? Im sure if we looked through many on here what they had said in the past they wouldnt be looked on kindly. But thats another matter. 

As for biggest domestic fight of all time, Lewis v Bruno is not even close. 

In no order.....

Benn Eubank 1 & 2

Benn Watson

Eubank Watson

Groves Froch 2

Bruno Bugner

and probably many more.

Bruno v Lewis was on Sky at a stage where Sky tv hadnt really taken off so the build up in the mainstream was minimal. Maybe the Sun had alot, but in general it wasnt plastered everywhere. The crowd was good but not great at Cardiff arms park if i remember. 

Lewis wasnt accepted by the British public at the time and Bruno wasnt seen as a true threat at the time (at least by me!).

Speaking of british greats, one of the top 3 british fighters of all time was a curtain jerker that night in Wales. He opened the show. Joe Calzaghe!

Archived