MMA is shite: Fury vs Wilder

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that most people who know anything about boxing will know that Fury won the fight. This is just another in the long line of dodgy decisions that we've seen from the US, and it shouldn't really come as a surprise anymore. Sad to say, but true.

Giving Wilder the first four rounds is possibly as ridiculous a decision as I've seen to be honest. 

On the plus side, hopefully we get a rematch, except this time let's do it in the UK or on neutral ground. The US is a laughing stock when it comes to boxing now.

Having a feeling we won't get the rematch though. Wilder knows he escaped with his title, and he doesn't need another boxing lesson.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know anywhere I can find this online to watch?  Sounds like a cracker but I flagged long before 4am.

Also, we were all wrong par Pilchards.

A draw is how Vince would have booked a clash between two undefeated fighters, which tells you all you need to know about the validity of top level boxing...

• Moderators

That's the yanks for you. Look at Lewis Holyfield I. And there's probably not a rematch clause for the draw as opposed to the rematch clause for one of the combatants winning, and WIlder (shite in a bucket) will not want to box Fury again.

4 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

That's the yanks for you. Look at Lewis Holyfield I. And there's probably not a rematch clause for the draw as opposed to the rematch clause for one of the combatants winning, and WIlder (shite in a bucket) will not want to box Fury again.

Yeah, he essentially escaped with his title last night, and you have to think that he likely wouldn't manage that again. 

Saying that, if we see Wilder face Joshua, then the winner of that will likely have to face Fury, because on last nights showing I can't see any other heavyweight coming close to beating the big man. He actually looked better than he did against Wlad, which is incredible.

• Moderators

He steeped his hands in petrol

But seriously, he's a big awkward fucker. He doesn't fight like a big man, he's a massive spoiler. Like a fat, caravan dwelling B-hop. Real Boxing fans (mid 2000s British Heavyweigh Fans unite) knew that going in. WIlder's fight IQ is shit, Fury is a stifle man.

Well the gypsy proved me wrong!

How the hell he dragged himself off the canvas is beyond me & then did a dance as requested by the referee!!!!!!!

Such a shame they can't seem to find three honest judges in almost every big fight. Fury showed some class in the post match interview. You've got to love the big tough mental lummox 😁

• Paid Members

Fury absolutely won that. Even with the two knockdowns, Fury won at least 8 or 9 of the other rounds handily in my eyes. Fury looked fucking great. Regardless of the silly scorecards, it’s Fury who will come out of this the real winner in the eyes of the people. It says everything that the American crowd were cheering the Brit over the American in the post-fight interviews. He won. Alejandro Rochin having Wilder up 4 points or whatever it was is a disgrace. But sadly not a surprise. 

Brilliant fight though. One of the better heavyweight fights in years and much better to watch than the Klitschko fight. I’ve watched that second knockdown about 20 times and still can’t believe Fury got up. He looked out, flat out, then he just stood straight up. He almost looked like he didn’t even know he got up, his body just reacted on autopilot. 

6 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

At least someone got what they deserved tonight. 

BJS put 70k on Fury to win. 

I’d give this a thousand upvotes if I could. 

• Paid Members

Bloody livid about the result. A man works his arse off, comes back from all that, then the judges are apparently throwing Wilder points for his shite Shredder mask. Boxing always breaks your heart with this - this, of course, coming off of the two dodgy Canelo/GGG decisions. 

I could not believe how brilliantly Fury boxed during the fight. Round after round, he made Wilder look completely out of his depth.

Fury is about as mentally tough as you can get, though. That first knockdown was followed up with him having his best round of the fight, where he completely took the piss, and still not a clue how he got up after the last knockdown.

At least we're definitely getting a rematch and possibly a trilogy.

4 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

At least we're definitely getting a rematch and possibly a trilogy.

Unless, as Butch pointed out, there isn't a rematch clause in the event of a draw. Usually rematch clauses are inserted to cover one of or both fighters winning.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Wilder face Joshua in April. Even in the interview post-fight Wilder said he'd like the rematch but he was being tricky with it being his next fight.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, David said:

Unless, as Butch pointed out, there isn't a rematch clause in the event of a draw. Usually rematch clauses are inserted to cover one of or both fighters winning.

Yep. That old get-out clause. Reminds me of Eubank vs Benn 2 where Don King supposedly had some agreement in place that he’d get the winner and loser under his promotional banner. But because it was scored a draw and there wasn’t a winner or a loser he got fuck all :laugh: 

Joe Joyce looked good, just dont make me watch him talk again, i had to leave the room in his pist match interview. Like pulling teeth. Seems a nice chap tho. 

Fairplay to Welbourn for giving it everything he had as well.

Ortiz looked average, good for a near 50 year old with blood pressure problems. Would like to see Him and Joyce get it on.

• Paid Members

The mad thing is, as good as Tyson Fury looked, this was a Fury who probably could’ve done with another fight or two before going in with someone like Wilder. The fight probably came about 6 months to a year sooner than would’ve been ideal. And Fury still looked that good. If they do rematch, with another camp you have to think Fury’s only going to get a bit better and a bit sharper. Wilder will know this too. I really can see Wilder just going for the Joshua payday now while it’s still there. Because if he rematches Fury and loses, that goes up in smoke. 

Archived