All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

On 3/23/2019 at 6:17 PM, MPDTT said:

Ok. So I'm all sorted with my AEW trip. Fly into Vegas on the 21st and leave on the 26th. Staying at the New York, New York (across the street from the MGM Grand). This will be trip #6 to Vegas for me...my spiritual home if you weeeeeell!

Anyway, any other UKFForumers going? 

I’m in Vegas then but dunno if I’ll bother. Shame you go on the 26th, could have come watched The Specials on the 27th. 

lineup-2019.jpg

Fuck tons of awesome bands playing at local clubs around Fremont Street as well

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/files/2019/02/punk-rock-bowling-club-shows-2019-poster.png

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

The Kenny Omega documentary that aired last night is a really good watch. Focussing primarily on the Golden Lovers storyline, it makes me pray that New Japan bin off ROH after Madison Square Garden and hook up with AEW instead. It'll be a crying shame if Kenny and Ibushi don't get to continue their storyline and have the inevitable big match they were building towards after the G1.

Yeah it is very good. Also seen some interviews with him promoting it and he comes across as a really top bloke.

Part of me is still a bit sad that he never went to WWE and had some of those 'dream' matches he could have had. Seems he was taking the WWE offer seriously before AEW came along. I think he deserves a big platform.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Yeah it is very good. Also seen some interviews with him promoting it and he comes across as a really top bloke.

Part of me is still a bit sad that he never went to WWE and had some of those 'dream' matches he could have had. Seems he was taking the WWE offer seriously before AEW came along. I think he deserves a big platform.

In fairness, he still could go in a year or so. He's 35 now (although I suppose his style probably puts his "wrestling age" as a bit older), so still a bit of a window if AEW doesn't work out/he decides he wants to give WWE a go down the line. Same goes for Cody/The Bucks. If AEW doesn't pan out WWE will still be an option, they lose very little by doing what they'e doing. 

Looking like a 3 man booth of Excalibur, Alex Marvez and JR. I don't mind it, I really liked Riccaboni and Excalibur at All In so I like Excalibur. There have been times when I've enjoyed JR's call in the last few years, the Bate Vs Dunne NXT match being a notable example. However, I'm not thrilled about him leading this team, if that's what they're planning.

Alicia Atout is returning as well in the backstage interviewer role. Good shout.

• Paid Members

I called it was going to happen when his WWE deal expired but after reading everyone's thoughts on it I actually went off the idea quite badly. Unless they really are going for an old school JCP vibe his voice just doesn't fit with modern wrestling as he'd blow a lung out trying to keep up with the Bucks offence. 

44 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Looking like a 3 man booth of Excalibur, Alex Marvez and JR. I don't mind it, I really liked Riccaboni and Excalibur at All In so I like Excalibur. There have been times when I've enjoyed JR's call in the last few years, the Bate Vs Dunne NXT match being a notable example. However, I'm not thrilled about him leading this team, if that's what they're planning.

Alicia Atout is returning as well in the backstage interviewer role. Good shout.

Is Excalibur gonna take the mask off? no one give a toss what he looks like. I can understand him using it in pwg but not on a wider scale.. As for Jr being signed I like him but I thought the would go for a fresh voice

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I called it was going to happen when his WWE deal expired but after reading everyone's thoughts on it I actually went off the idea quite badly. Unless they really are going for an old school JCP vibe his voice just doesn't fit with modern wrestling as he'd blow a lung out trying to keep up with the Bucks offence. 

His lungs seem intact despite commentating on countless Young Bucks matches during AXS Tv’s New Japan coverage.