All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

30 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Come off it. Dogs hate Cats etc etc. You can’t mass generalise. And most Brexiteers do not have an issue with Europeans and it was Hitler who hated Jews you hinge. 

As a jew, I do believe the labour party is anti semetic. But I'm certainly not going to get into that on here with with you - someone who simply wants to resort to name calling. I'll stick to wrestling talk. 

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Probably because you used the phrase "political correctness gone mad" not so long ago, which is normally code for "massive bigot". Not saying that's the case for you, but that is one connotation attached to that phrase.

Probably, but there is a massive difference. Excessive political correctness leads to an avoidance of expression and action for fear of controversy - aimed at specific groups of people - it shuts down conversation and expression, sometimes humour. Hate goes far further - hate speech, xenophobia, homophobia, trans-phobia - all of which should not be tolerated in society. But if Political correctness prevents action, we end up with the kind of situations like what happened with that Peodo scandal involving members of the asian community in Rochdale. 

But again, I am hugely supportive of Diversity and Inclusion, its a huge part of my agenda currently at work an d something I care passionately about. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, MPDTT said:

I have not seen one negative tweet concerning this issue

Then you can't have looked far. The majority of the replies to the women's match announcement were jokes about it being an intergender match or, "why are you calling it a women's match? I see two women and a man". 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Then you can't have looked far. The majority of the replies to the women's match announcement were jokes about it being an intergender match or, "why are you calling it a women's match? I see two women and a man". 

No one knew that Graham Linehan was such a massive wrestling fan. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Yep, you only have to go in two replies or so to see the ugly underbelly. A chap on Twitter tried to alert this to the Young Bucks, with screen shotted evidence, and they promptly blocked him, so they know that it's there. Then Cody/Brandy issued their statements on the matter after enough people were pointing it out.

Hopefully all this negativity is being made by people who don't plan to go to the show at all or watch it anyway, and are just looking for any avenue to insert their hateful comments. I'd like to think that the crowd at DON will self-police the issue and shut down any backwater comments being made.

• Paid Members

People are getting worked up over Political Correctness. To steal a line, they're forgetting that even Political Correctness itself used to be called Spastic Gaytalk.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Yep, you only have to go in two replies or so to see the ugly underbelly. A chap on Twitter tried to alert this to the Young Bucks, with screen shotted evidence, and they promptly blocked him, so they know that it's there. Then Cody/Brandy issued their statements on the matter after enough people were pointing it out.

Hopefully all this negativity is being made by people who don't plan to go to the show at all or watch it anyway, and are just looking for any avenue to insert their hateful comments. I'd like to think that the crowd at DON will self-police the issue and shut down any backwater comments being made.

If true, that's terrible

4 hours ago, MPDTT said:

As a jew, I do believe the labour party is anti semetic. But I'm certainly not going to get into that on here with with you - someone who simply wants to resort to name calling. I'll stick to wrestling talk. 

If you don't want to be called out for posting daft shite, then don't post daft shite in the first place.