All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I watched the press conference and I never cottoned on that Nyla Rose was trans, even when I saw all the arguing about 'publicity stunts' and social-politics on Twitter a day or so later. I just assumed Nyla was a beefy, built lady in the same form as an Aja Kong, never knew that she was trans gender until I read an Uproxx article about her this morning. Lovely stuff.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

They know how to put together a fucking great video package don’t they? Those are the types of videos that can make anyone seem interesting, so to have such a solid roster behind it already is really promising 

The guy who used to do the TNA videos does them I think. He produced that "ReACTION" show after Impact years ago.

18 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The guy who used to do the TNA videos does them I think. He produced that "ReACTION" show after Impact years ago.

If I’m thinking of the right show that was fucking great at the time. Glad the guy has another chance at doing something cool

Tony Khan is on todays Jericho Podcast

Tony Khan is the founder and creator of All Elite Wrestling and Chris Jericho’s new boss! He’s also a diehard wrestling fan, who grew up loving Chris Jericho, ECW, and trading and collecting tapes. Tony’s got stories about chatting up Brian Pillman and Diamond Dallas Page on AOL message boards and chat rooms back in the 90s when the online thing was just getting started, and some of his favorite matches. He’s also sharing some details about what fans can expect from AEW’s upcoming television show, the Double Or Nothing live event in Las Vegas on Memorial Day Weekend, and AEW’s relationship with AAA.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-is-jericho/id767016946?mt=2&i=1000429761265

1 minute ago, Yakashi said:

All in sold out mega fast and did TNA numbers on PPV. 

The whole PPV situation was weird though, they'd been pushing the PPV hard for $40 or whatever, but then announced weeks before the show you could watch it on NJPW World and ROH's streaming platform for a fraction of the price, so you've got to take into consideration the people saving their money and not watching live. 

Pleased that they've sold out even quicker. I'm intrigued by the whole card. Something really off-putting about indie wrestling at the moment is that the top guys are so over-exposed that the majority of the cards end up looking almost identical, especially during something like Mania Weekend. Pretty much everything that looks set for this card looks fresh and exciting, and even the stuff we've seen before (Omega/Y2J, Bucks/Lucha Bros) can get away with it by virtue of being fantastic.