All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

11 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

She could easily have an Internet face turn. I’ve already said most people don’t mind the McMahons when they are being a decent part of the program. The match with Ronda was great, but how often is Steph actually entertaining for the amount of TV time she has had? 

In terms of TV storyline it makes sense she’d be in charge of the women, because she is also a woman I guess. We can’t pretend that she was the one behind the Women’s Revolution just because she showed up on TV and announced it. WWE have aired footage of HHH being the one who told Banks and Bayley they would be main eventing Takeover in an Ironwoman match. We all know it was in NXT, which is also presented as his project. 

With videos like that the fans know Steph wasn’t the driving force behind Women’s wrestling being elevated. When they just called a bunch of wrestlers up and chucked them in stables it was shit. I’d also argue that Becky became one of the most over faces in the company without Steph being there to cut her legs off at every opportunity.

She could be doing a great job at being Chief Brand Officer, but why the fuck would any fans care about that really? 

So you don't care about what happens backstage, yet you're also certain that Stephanie McMahon has had no involvement in women's wrestling in WWE being given a bigger platform because... her husband showed up in a WWE documentary. Brilliant.

48 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

So you don't care about what happens backstage, yet you're also certain that Stephanie McMahon has had no involvement in women's wrestling in WWE being given a bigger platform because... her husband showed up in a WWE documentary. Brilliant.

I don’t care about positions like Cheif Brand Officer, but I obviously care about NXT and the impact it has had on the current product. Those are clearly very different aren’t they? Like, one is actually interesting and the other just isn’t. You can’t just lump all backstage stuff into one category and expect them all the be as interesting as each other. That’s stupid. 

Could you give me some counter points as to what Steph has actually done for Women’s Wrestling? Because by everything I’ve seen she didn’t actually instigate much at all. Do you think HHH doesn’t actually have anything to do with NXT and it is all just a show for cameras? 

• Paid Members

Regarding Ibushi, I'm more convinced than ever that the second that Madison Square Garden show ends the New Japan/ROH/AEW relationship is going to change drastically. It feels like when someone has to wait until after a birthday or Christmas before breaking up with someone they've decided they don't want to be with anymore. New Japan is probably already shagging AEW on the sly.

Edited by Supremo

Got return flights to LAX from Heathrow on BA for £302.22 return - absolute steal. :)  

Much cheaper to fly to LA and drive to Vegas than it is to fly direct - plus the drive through the desert is awesome

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Ibushi signing an exclusive contract with New Japan is a massive surprise to me...and the best thing New Japan could have done in this situation.

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Is that possibly indicative of NJPW/AEW being more likely to work together?

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Regarding Ibushi, I'm more convinced than ever that the second that Madison Square Garden show ends the New Japan/ROH/AEW relationship is going to change drastically. It feels like when someone has to wait until after a birthday or Christmas before breaking up with someone they've decided they don't want to be with anymore. New Japan is probably already shagging AEW on the sly.

I was massively surprised too in that at this point in their lives Kenny & Kota are virtually inseparable, until I thought about how many shows Elite would actually be running as far as that representing a "commitment" from Omega or whether he'd effectively still live in Japan and be an import for Elite, and plus.... yeah, New Japan and ROH isn't really a fit any more is it? What do New Japan get out of that? Bugger all. It was pretty weak when it was Bennett and Taven but now it's not even worth talking about. Is Marty still under an ROH contract? I don't even know.

Elite is going to become more New Japan in the States than the actual New Japan shows in the States as soon as MSG is over.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Got return flights to LAX from Heathrow on BA for £302.22 return - absolute steal. :)  

Much cheaper to fly to LA and drive to Vegas than it is to fly direct - plus the drive through the desert is awesome

That's an excellent plan! I did a similar thing for last years 'Mania and it was a great success. I'll always recommend flying to a nearby state if it's cheaper, if only because driving in America is quite fun. 

I'm quite jealous of your upcoming trip, you mad old shill.

Edited by Accident Prone

1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

Just make sure you rent a nice car and don’t use the fucking Greyhound. Last time I used it a girl threw up next to me and an attendant just put a fucking cone on it. Worst travel experience of my life 

5 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Just make sure you rent a nice car and don’t use the fucking Greyhound. Last time I used it a girl threw up next to me and an attendant just put a fucking cone on it. Worst travel experience of my life 

Did it have meat in it?

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

I really, really hope you manage to get a ticket to the show after all this!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Is Marty still under an ROH contract? I don't even know.

I think his current deal with ROH runs out at the end of April. He's just hanging around like Owen Hart at the moment. I'd be shocked if he's not aready pencilled in for a match at Double or Nothing.