All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

I've nothing but good vibes and positive feelings about the prospect of AEW. 

We've all grown so tired and indifferent to WWE's watered down, repetitive product. I feel like Cody, Omega & The Bucks have a vision of the wrestling we grew up watching but with a modern twist.

Now is the time for them to give it a go and I wish them all the best.

Announcing over Christmas is a terrible idea anyway. You want all eyes on wrestling, not when people are focusing on shit things like family and friends.

If I was them, I’d pay a fortune for secondary market, front row tickets on the hard cam for the Rumble. Send in a stooge, and whip out a sign at a moment when you know the cameras on. Then slowly announce your roster over the following week.

The one thing they’ve got in their favour is good merch. I’ve barely paid attention to BTE, and even I want the new hoodie/t-shirts.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I wish the guys all the best. Never against anyone trying to be a strong competitor and it's great how they've managed to do things on their own terms so much lately. But a whole new promotion is such a different league and we already have so many that I'm still struggling to understand what they can offer. Only time will tell.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

If I was them, I’d pay a fortune for secondary market, front row tickets on the hard cam for the Rumble. Send in a stooge, and whip out a sign at a moment when you know the cameras on. Then slowly announce your roster over the following week.

That sounds so second rate. So... TNA.

On 12/25/2018 at 7:55 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Where has this idea come from that Netflix would be interested in this?

It’s not that I think Netflix would be interested per se, just that the only way I see this being financially viable is for AEW to end up on a popular streaming service like Netflix. If it’s just a regular wrestling show on TV like everything else I’m not sure it’s going to be able to distinguish itself from every other promotion out there with TV (RoH, Lucha Underground and Impact!).

It’s more wishful thinking than anything.

Edited by Love-Wilcox

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

It’s not that I think Netflix would be interested per se, just that the only way I see this being financially viable is for AEW to end up on a popular streaming service like Netflix.

Well they should shut up shop right away then.

• Paid Members

Regardless of whether this is successful, I do respect that this bunch of current workers have the balls to try and do something themselves with that Elite show, All In and now this. We've had 20 years now of peiople talking shit in shoot interviews about what they think they know and who and what should do this and that and not many have had the bottle to put themselves in a position to try. It's a bit like a footballer going "Fuck it, I'll start my own team".