All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

3 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already but what are the odds this could end up being Netflix related? I think that’s one of the few outcomes that would both have me legitimately excited and have a chance at being successful in its own way.

It could be but Netflix isn't interested in live streaming anything, they've stayed away from sports, even Wrestling usually at the hardcore level, the stuff that's live WWE, NJPW, ROH Ippvs etc, nobody talks about ROH's TV, even NXT, the best things happen on the Takeover events. It wouldn't stop Amazon Prime as they have a few sports and are dipping their toes in a bit to that market.

Edited by the_mole

On 12/20/2018 at 12:41 AM, the_mole said:

It could be but Netflix isn't interested in live streaming anything, they've stayed away from sports, even Wrestling usually at the hardcore level, the stuff that's live WWE, NJPW, ROH Ippvs etc, nobody talks about ROH's TV, even NXT, the best things happen on the Takeover events. It wouldn't stop Amazon Prime as they have a few sports and are dipping their toes in a bit to that market.

It just seems like a huge stretch - if the best Impact can do is Pursuit, the idea that The Elite could launch a promotion and land on the second biggest streaming service in the world in Amazon Prime seems unfathomable. We can all be either supportive or sceptical about what the Elite are doing. Some fans (like me obviously) watch Being The Elite weekly and are invested, others don't and couldn't give a shit about the cast. Each to their own! Find a product you like and support it! As a wrestling fan however, everyone should acknowledge the buzz and hope they can pull it off! I know wrestling fans often "grow out" of wrestling, a lot of founding members of this forum obviously have and a lot of current members can't remember the Monday Night Wars or the vibrancy of the industry when companies  like WWF, WCW and ECW were on top of their game, competing for viewers and talent. I'm still here and at 38, guess I'm a fan for life. And I'd like to see an industry where the WWE isn't the monopoly of the product - because if the quality of output and ratings are your measure, its not been good for the industry! If the Elite are going to try to pull off a new national promotion and try to "change the world", no wrestling fan should hope they fail.....if they do, then they are not really fans.......

That said, my gut tells me they do believe they have a deal in place because of the Khan family backing. I don't think its a Streaming service or a top cable channel like TNT, TBS, Paramount or the likes. Unless they have offered part ownership on the company to the network.....my money is on a mid-tier network like WGN America. My bet, given that they showed All In Zero Hour, they seem to have shunned Impact again and they have a history of showing Wrestling. 

Of course, the last BTE could have been a work and they could turn up at the Rumble in January in a massive swerve, but I'd be shocked if they did given how they pretty much buried Hunter, exposed the WWE's offer to them, slated their tag division and given their stance to date, would seem like sell outs to their entire fan base who buy all their merch! Plus....I just don't see Kenny Omega quitting NJPW in the next year.

Of course, the Bucks made a big deal of "too sweeting" at Final Battle, which they have not been doing since the cease and desist incident. Is that a hint that they did sign WWE contracts?

In short, who the hell knows!!!!! That is why the Bucks and BTE is so good to watch, it keeps you hooked!

Bring on January 1st. If there is no big reveal, then I will start to worry. If they stay silent all the way up to January 27th, then I may just subscribe the WWE network again to see what happens in the Rumble. If the Elite debut, I'd be gutted as the opportunity (as I see it) will have passed...... 

MPDTT 

Not sure if enough people are asking about logistics with this proposed startup, as in how many people are going to show up at TV tapings if they get any kind of deal? If they do a respectable 1,000, thats still minor league, and there is a long line of promotions demonstrating that there's no money in minor league wrestling. Begs the question what the point is - there is no point being another MLW or Impact, not sure they'll even be ROH. 

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

600 max crowds and a super show every few months doenst hurt NXT very much. Not saying they are exactly the same thing, but seeing these guys sparingly and only In equal level match ups every so often is what worked in the past which Cody seems to be really into, so wouldn’t be the worst idea. Top up income with international tours taking the “act” on the road for other promotions to promote, and you have something that isn’t just wwe lite

20 minutes ago, Louch said:

600 max crowds and a super show every few months doenst hurt NXT very much. Not saying they are exactly the same thing, but seeing these guys sparingly and only In equal level match ups every so often is what worked in the past which Cody seems to be really into, so wouldn’t be the worst idea. Top up income with international tours taking the “act” on the road for other promotions to promote, and you have something that isn’t just wwe lite

NXT is a massive money loser though. I would imagine their backer has money to burn but it's not necessarily the best business model to aspire to. 

Thus the pay being shared by the crew touring other promotions to pay the wages that way. They found easily be subletted in the uk and Europe a weekend a month and Make money 

I reckon they have a fair chance of getting on Netflix or another big streaming App, well more than any other promotion (other than Lucha Underground.)

On paper they’d look brilliant to an executive who doesn’t understand wrestling. The first and only show a huge success and shift a shit ton of merch.

Then you have the fact that Cody is probably best skilled to entice biggish names away from WWE. They could probably get Jericho and probably have the best chance of bringing CM Punk out of retirement too. If someone with proper cash is behind it I could see them doing really well

Jericho is probably happy where he's at.

He's basically able to do whatever he wants and still able to walk into a WWE payday when he fancies it. Not sure he'd risk that for a promotion that isn't even off the ground yet.

I could see CM Punk showing up for a bit before sulking off again.

Not sure many would jump just because Cody had a word.

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Jericho is probably happy where he's at.

He's basically able to do whatever he wants and still able to walk into a WWE payday when he fancies it. Not sure he'd risk that for a promotion that isn't even off the ground yet.

I could see CM Punk showing up for a bit before sulking off again.

Not sure many would jump just because Cody had a word.

I think Jericho is more concerned with his legacy than the paydays at this point, if he had a loose contract I think he’d be happy just picking up internet points. Can’t see WWE chucking him many proper big pay days at this point.

I think wrestlers would be more interested in Cody’s rejuvenated career, if he could help them do the same I could totally see him being able to get workers like Revival. Guys like Aries and Pac would have also made the jump had the timing been different