All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

14 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Quite excited for this. I really hope it does take off as a viable promotion. If they can pull off a show similar to NXT I’d be thrilled. 

I'd not followed any of this really until I watched Before the Bell this morning, and now I'm quite excited too. Your 'similar to NXT' comment brings out the cynic in me as to how different they can actually be, though. I know a lot of the stuff said in that ITV special was hype, but the whole "we're going to be fresh and different" buzz is a bit tougher to make good on in a world where NXT already exists. What the fuck do you do?

Moderate presentation, triple A indie in 10,000 seat arenas is already Takeover's shtick, and they've been busting out five star cards for years now. This seems like that, only with the trendy buzz of the elite crew. A buzz that's likely already hit its ceiling. Not that Double or Nothing is a bad ceiling. I'm sure they're happy with it and that's that, but as a lapsed WWE fan what I'd really be looking for going forward is weekly tv presented and played out in a format that's genuinely surprising and decent on gritty, personal angles and characters. 

Anyway, I watched that piece this morning with a bare minimum of foreknowledge and since the promotion technically starts tonight, I think I'm going to try and keep it that way as a personal experiment. I'm not interested in any of these guys chummy twitters or YouTube shows. Once I've got a place and a time to watch them each week and for the big cards, that's all I'm up to with them. It'd be interesting to see will that bring a bit of marky excitement back to wrestling, for me.  

I'm Homer Simpson, smiling politely, tonight. Nothing on the Monday Night Wars 2010. Who knows, this mightn't be for me. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I guess it’s because it’s not technically a TNT show, so why would they market it, but I’ve been amazed by how much of the promotional slack for this event has been taken up by ITV.

Some of the video packages/shows they’ve put together have been superb. If this sells well, it’s a good sign for the coming relationship for folks back in the UK.

I mean, Jericho comes across as a big weirdo here but this, with the right talent, could have been excellent:

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

31 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm not sure if ITV put that together, it's content from the recent documentary but I agree it is cool. Both Omega and Jericho segments were ace.

Fair.

But even if they didn’t, the way they’re releasing it is a really refreshing promotional build for a wrestling show. Lots of bite sized content you can just pop on and get up to speed. Longer form content exists if you want it.

ITV have made me more hyped for tonight than TNT/AEW and it’s not even close.

Right , I’m all set.

Downloaded the FITE TV app, bought the event for 17.99 Euro. You can use your Facebook account to create an account in seconds and the whole thing took less than 3 minutes. 

Ive been a wrestling fan for 27 years and this is the first pay per view I’ve bought.

28 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Ive been a wrestling fan for 27 years and this is the first pay per view I’ve bought.

Same here, I've not actually bought anything like this in many a year, but if this show is good then I'll happily buy more and support the product.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

This is dangerous for AEW. If it becomes ‘internet true’ and it doesn’t happen, then people will be disappointed that their own fiction wasn’t written for them.

I’m shocked anyone would really believe it. Like, I’m not saying it won’t happen.. But to convince yourself it will, or even might happen, seems crazy and will only end in disappointment.