All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

He confirmed 'itv', he didn't say which itv channel however.

Can’t you ask your new best mate Adam Page for some info? Get him a few drinks now he’s back on it. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Just helped Jushin Thunder Liger find the Heineken in Oddbins. Nice chap!

True story: last year I stuck my toe back in the wrestling waters with some announcing for WCPW, and also some translation work for the NJPW guys. Liger's a nice guy, daft as a brush. Before the show opened (the venue was called Bowler's, I think), I saw him, a 50-something year-old man, drawing moustaches on all the promo merch photos at the young lads' tables.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

True story: last year I stuck my toe back in the wrestling waters with some announcing for WCPW, and also some translation work for the NJPW guys. Liger's a nice guy, daft as a brush. Before the show opened (the venue was called Bowler's, I think), I saw him, a 50-something year-old man, drawing moustaches on all the promo merch photos at the young lads' tables.

Good idea to bring up another. Is it true that in Coventry you were in a lift with a mutual friend and KENTA Kobashi (it might've been Misawa...) walked in. Our friend, a massive Kings Road obsessive, stood there gobsmacked, only for you to causally start speaking to Kobashi in Japanese?

3 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

There's only so many cans of Lech a man can get through in a day without growing a derby. 

I popped for Derby

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Just saw Gangrel eating cheese and onion Walkers outside a petrol station.

Until MPDTT sees Goldust eating a sausage roll, like @PowerButchi has, he has no more room to boast in this thread or any other.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Good idea to bring up another. Is it true that in Coventry you were in a lift with a mutual friend and KENTA Kobashi (it might've been Misawa...) walked in. Our friend, a massive Kings Road obsessive, stood there gobsmacked, only for you to causally start speaking to Kobashi in Japanese?

Probably - it was either Universal Uproar or NOAH European Navigation. Both times, I was hired as a translator, so it would've made sense. If I looked casual, though, I must've done well, because I was anything but - Kobashi's one of the greatest of all time for me personally, so I was internally more excited than Mick Foley in the front row of an EVE show.

53 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

UKFF trigger word right there. Pie-related anecdotes incoming. 

There was me thinking we finally had peas in our time :( 

Right, I'm aff this weekend so gonna watch this live. What's the easiest way to watch? I don't mind paying btw. I've not got sky etc just council telly, so can't get it on TV? Would it need to be buying it on the laptop through a streaming site? Someone help a brother out, no gd wi this stuff.