Jump to content
MPDTT

All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

He's not a name that shifts tickets, bumps ratings or PPV buys, or sells merch.

Oh, but they tried.

IMG_6460.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to AEW, they've announced the other refs the same way as well and it's all to pop daft sods like myself. They've got Bryce Remsburg and Rick Knoxx (two indy ref mainstays) and Aubrey Edwards, who must've left an excellent impression during 'Mania weekend.

So whilst the sole image of Hebner being announced is silly and reeks of TNA-esque 'WWE lite', taken within the context of the other announcements it's great news. It also gives the promotion a bit more clout as they're bringing in refs who are experienced in all aspects of refereeing. It's a brilliant move, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Oh, but they tried.

Good fucking lord, I didn't know this existed.

Hebner is a shit ref, JR is no longer a decent announcer either. They shouldn't have brought either of these two on board. Thumbs down appointments I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree on thumbs down on JR; he's way past his sell-by date.

I haven't seen much of Earl since he got the kick from WWE though. I take it that he isn't that good anymore? He never blew me away but he never seemed actively bad either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earl forgetting everything he was supposed to say prior to the Magnus/Cody match has landed him a job. Fair play to him. The Alan Pardew of pro wrestling referees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was a terrible awful. Did too much to draw attention to himself during matches (I get that sometimes it was the booking that dictated it, but it wasn't always the case). He's wrestling's Mike Dean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Earl forgetting everything he was supposed to say prior to the Magnus/Cody match has landed him a job. Fair play to him. The Alan Pardew of pro wrestling referees.

Christ, I forgot about this. But then again, I also forgot he reffed that match so he can't be that bad...

4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

He was a terrible awful. Did too much to draw attention to himself during matches (I get that sometimes it was the booking that dictated it, but it wasn't always the case). He's wrestling's Mike Dean.

This has really intrigued me, and I'll keep a look out for this detail when I re-watch older stuff.

Actually, I did watch the Backlash main event last week and the way he slowly got in the ring and counted a slow 3 for Rock's victory really annoyed me. Trips lost to a single People's Elbow and was staring at the ceiling for a good ten seconds. I'm sure he was very pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

This has really intrigued me, and I'll keep a look out for this detail when I re-watch older stuff.

When you watch back the stuff with Earl reffing, you’ll know when someone is about to kick out. He makes it very obvious. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought Hebner was a terrible ref. His movements are weird and jerky, he looks strange, there's nothing natural to what he does.

And don't get me started on that bullshit where the heel tries to bully him only for Earl to refuse to back down and shove the heel to the ground. Fucking woeful stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, him overpowering Triple H with his pushes really annoyed me, especially when the faintest of torches to Earl and he'd dead sell it like a mother. Awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

All In was built around the NWA title. They can't decide whether they're revolutionizing the business or if the past is super relevant.

The past is relevant at the moment, but when Cody defeats the attitude era at the PPV, they can crack on with the revolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, David said:

I always thought Hebner was a terrible ref. His movements are weird and jerky, he looks strange, there's nothing natural to what he does.

And don't get me started on that bullshit where the heel tries to bully him only for Earl to refuse to back down and shove the heel to the ground. Fucking woeful stuff. 

Booting the heel off the ropes when they refused to break was the worst. Use your count or disqualify them. Thats your job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Booting the heel off the ropes when they refused to break was the worst. Use your count or disqualify them. Thats your job.

Seconded. This is right up there in the list of ref pep peeves, along with not letting the face do a dive to the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It surprises me when I hear Bret talk about how much he wanted Earl to ref his matches pre-montreal. You'd think Hart would want someone that helps make everything look legit, not hokey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...