All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, David said:

I always assumed getting on either BT or Sky was a bigger deal for any wrestling or sports company in all honesty. I could be wrong, mind you.

For programming fees, I would think you're right. But for getting numbers watching and turning that into revenue, they're nowhere near.

29 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

For programming fees, I would think you're right. But for getting numbers watching and turning that into revenue, they're nowhere near.

What kind of revenue will All Elite generate from UK viewers though? PPV buys and some merch sales? I'm not sure if they're planning extended tours over here, are they? But then again, they most likely haven't been offered a deal by BT, and certainly not by Sky Sports, so the higher programming fees won't really come into it.

Either way, it's good to see they're making some sort of progress on the TV front. 

18 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Great news! And makes sense for ITV to look to partner with a company that wants to provide PPV output also. Hopefully Tuesday Night Dynamite ultimately ends up on ITV4 also. 

I think this is key. It’s getting the tv series to advertise selling PPVs. I think if it was just a weekly series it would be less of an attraction to ITV. I am sure AEW have already decided how many PPVs a year they will schedule so will have brought that info to the negotiating table already.

1 hour ago, JNLister said:

A

AEW aren't going to be getting ad revenue if their show's on ITV4 surely? It's just going to be rights fees, which is a lovely bonus bit of cash with no added expense, but it's not going to be the type of ridiculous income people are getting for live sports in the US.

Yes, There’s no ad revenue for AEW to get from ITV. It will b a flat license fee per episode. Itv take the ad revenue. 

Edited by elisarcabrera

At this stage surely the exposure of being on free to air TV will be a benefit. The PPV deal allows AEW to monetize the small UK fanbase who are already aware of the product but if AEW is going to succeed it is going to have to reach a lot more people than that and exposure on any of ITV's channels is going to help with that.

Lets not also forget that TNA being on free TV allowed them to run arena shows in the UK which is far beyond the venues they were booking in the US with the Spike deal. TNA didn't really take advantage because they were really bad at making money off of anything. For better or for worse that doesn't seem to be the case with AEW who have shown, if nothing else, they will do anything to part the fans from their cash.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They've just signed Jerry Lynn up as a coach. Jerry Lynn has officially worked for everyone ever. He had matches in the AWA just before they closed as well. WWF, WCW, ECW, TNA, ROH, SMW, fucking everyone.

Lets not forget his biggest contribution to the sport in the big scheme of things - in Global, wrestling Lynn got important eyes on Kid.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They've just signed Jerry Lynn up as a coach. Jerry Lynn has officially worked for everyone ever. He had matches in the AWA just before they closed as well. WWF, WCW, ECW, TNA, ROH, SMW, fucking everyone.

I've just taken a gander at his CageMatch profile and, bloody hell, I think he has wrestled for every fucker, and then some.

Also, I never knew he did a  WWF taping back in '89;

Rick Martel defeats Jerry Lynn (2:49)
WWF Wrestling Challenge #144 - TV-Show @ LaCrosse Center in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA

The Twin Towers (Akeem & The Big Boss Man) defeat Jerry Lynn & Ray Brown (2:20)
WWF Wrestling Challenge #146 - TV-Show @ LaCrosse Center in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA

And he was in the '96 Best Of The Super Juniors! Great catch by AEW.

5 hours ago, Doog said:

The UK was TNAs biggest market at one point 

Exactly, and TNA turned a profit for what, 0-1 years of its existence? 

Being on free TV would be no bad thing at all (as long as there’s not an unrealistic ratings expectation that’d lead to cancellation), but it’s no cause for doing cartwheels given how successful the last two wrestling promotions that did it were.

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Not forgetting of course his series of matches over here as part of the FWA roster.

At this early stage I just hope they a put good show on. Be interesting to see what if any effect Jericho has on buys.

Edit.

Word going around that they have signed Riho to a short term deal. Think she mostly wrestles for Gatoh Move, she's worked a few TJPW shows and I've enjoyed her match's.

Edited by The King Of Swing