Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MPDTT

All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

Recommended Posts

Great news! And makes sense for ITV to look to partner with a company that wants to provide PPV output also. Hopefully Tuesday Night Dynamite ultimately ends up on ITV4 also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

That's pretty cool. They have another buy from me. Can you record the PPV and watch it in the morning?

You can only record if you have previously purchased an event from itv box office. It does say it’s repeated a few times the following day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news, have ordered the PPV already, shame about not being able to record with it being my first time but it’s bank holiday weekend so a late night on the Saturday will be alright.

Really hope this does mean ITV will carry the weekly shows once they get up and running, a proper broadcaster showing it over here on a channel like that gives it a huge chance. TNA pulled in phenomenal viewing figures when it was on Challenge initially and at the height of its popularity so if this ends up airing on free view they’ve got a hell of a start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Double or Nothing and Like It.

If Super Alex is on the card, then I'll have no qualms torrenting the event as I'll just be paying homage to his nickname.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doog said:

Great news, have ordered the PPV already, shame about not being able to record with it being my first time but it’s bank holiday weekend so a late night on the Saturday will be alright.

I know it's too late for you but doing my research, if you download the Tvplayer app on amazon fire stick and order it through them, it's available to view for a full week after the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pre-show being on ITV4 is surely the biggest news here. I’d imagine that if it does well we could be looking at AEW’s permanent home for UK viewers? That would be absolutely massive for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be massive, though? TNA and World of Sport were both on free TV over here and it didn’t do much for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK was TNAs biggest market at one point and the shows were getting more viewers than RAW and Smackdown over here, it definitely did something for them, it’s their fault they ended up as they did and didn’t capitalise on it but if AEW learns from them mistakes and becomes a genuine alternative then being on ITV is a massive deal

Edited by Doog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Doog said:

The UK was TNAs biggest market at one point and the shows were getting more viewers than RAW and Smackdown over here, it definitely did something for them, it’s their fault they ended up as they did and didn’t capitalise on it but if AEW learns from them mistakes and becomes a genuine alternative then being on ITV is a massive deal

Further to Pictos’ point though, TNA was (and still is) available in more homes on free TV rather than somewhere were you’re paying the better part of £50 a month to watch it, they should be getting more viewers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Would it be massive, though? TNA and World of Sport were both on free TV over here and it didn’t do much for them.

No disrespect for either competitior but would you rather watch a Shockmaster rip off vs a Roman/Greek Gladiator on a show that cuts cameras every 2 seconds or Jericho, Omega, Rhodes, Young Bucks in a professionally shot and produced show

If AEW end up getting a show on ITV then it can only be good. TNA pulled massive ratings for Challenge and was frequently its number one show as well as out rating Raw/SD as well as sellign out UK shows. Even WOS pulled close to a million for its first show, it tailed off rapidly because of the quality of the product and the production of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

No disrespect for either competitior but would you rather watch a Shockmaster rip off vs a Roman/Greek Gladiator on a show that cuts cameras every 2 seconds or Jericho, Omega, Rhodes, Young Bucks in a professionally shot and produced show

If AEW end up getting a show on ITV then it can only be good. TNA pulled massive ratings for Challenge and was frequently its number one show as well as out rating Raw/SD as well as sellign out UK shows. Even WOS pulled close to a million for its first show, it tailed off rapidly because of the quality of the product and the production of it.

Against repeats of 20+ year old episodes of Catchphrase! it should be the number one show because it was the only thing on that channel made this decade.

I’ve nothing against TNA/Impact, it’s just not for me, but let’s not lose perspective.

As for AEW on ITV4 at midnight? It won’t do a huge number because it’s ITV4, but at least it’s live

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

TNA pulled massive ratings for Challenge and was frequently its number one show as well as out rating Raw/SD as well as sellign out UK shows. 

And they were never anything other than a joke during this period. “Massive ratings” is a bit of a laugh. AEW on ITV4 would be nice and convenient for people who would otherwise be torrenting or illegally streaming it anyway, but let’s not pretend it would have any significant bearing on their overall success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This show being on ITV4 is significant in that it shows the level AEW are aiming for in terms TV Networks. If they can get weekly shows on a Network with that many potential viewers in as many countries as possible they are onto a winner. 

I’m trying not to get my hopes up for this company, but really they are ticking all the boxes and information is coming out at a good pace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TNA PPVs were never on PPV. So although they got good ratings on Challenge, it didn't equate to money beyond a small rights fee and decent tour business. The very clear difference here is that AEW is on PPV and there is the opportunity to monetise their shows. So getting on a free, widely available channel like ITV4 DOES matter if they then draw good numbers and convince those people to spend money on their PPVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...