All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Speaking of which, @air_raidĀ approvedĀ Pound Bakery have introduced a game changer AEW could only dream about.

Itā€™s your favourite Eddie! Sunday fish finger!

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

"New" and "progressive" promotion hires man who all-but advocated wife-beating. Nice.

Seen this referenced on twitter, and it rings a bell, but I don't remember the details. Could you elaborate, please?

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Seen this referenced on twitter, and it rings a bell, but I don't remember the details. Could you elaborate, please?

He commented on The King's arrest a while ago on domestic violence charges. Not sure if this is what he meant.

Ā 

ā€œShocked to hear of my friend Jerry Lawlerā€™s arrest in Memphis late Thursday night on a domestic battery charge,ā€ Ross wrote. ā€œKingā€™s fiancĆ© was also jailed on the same charge. Allegedly alcohol was a contributing factor in this matter that resulted in Jerry being suspended indefinitely from WWE as WWE has a zero tolerance policy as it relates to domestic violence issues.

ā€œFor the record, Jerry doesnā€™t drink whatsoever nor have I ever seen him act aggressively toward any female or anyone else for that matter. I have not spoken to Jerry recently and hope that this unfortunate matter can be resolved quickly and efficiently.ā€

However, this is the thing I always remember from our own Ian Dice Clay (couldn't quote it)

JR's Dad told him to go kill some puppies that their Dog had just had, so he did. JR kept saying all this weird stuff about "political correctness" and "that was normal when I was growing up" when referencing killing animals and his Dad beating the shit out of him in the living room. "That would be a news story in 2013, but it was normal back then". The interview on Austin's podcast made JR out to be a backwards, miserable old twat.

Bloody hell I never knew that. Said it before but the majority of the born again crew seem to have turned to it as a way to externalise blame and be able to look in the mirror. My dislike of Christianity could also add to my bias.Ā 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Bloody hell I never knew that. Said it before but the majority of the born again crew seem to have turned to it as a way to externalise blame and be able to look in the mirror. My dislike of Christianity could also add to my bias.Ā 

Religion in a nutshell. People who need a book of rules to tell them how not to be a cunt, the promise of eternal bliss in reward being key motivation for not being a cunt, brainwashing your kids in the hope they turn out not to be little cunts.... but the rules and stories are wide open for selective use, manipulation, misrepresentation or reinterpretation if you ever need an excuse for being a cunt.

The JR thing...everyone loved JR back in the day but that was then. A new promotion should have a new, exciting voice. By all means use him in some capacity, to help the commentary team. But JR is for people who cannot get over the Attitude era.

Hell, if you're going to go old school, get Tony Shiv in!

• Paid Members

When I look at a lot of the newer generations of wrestling, in whatever capacity, I get the impressionĀ that so many of them are trying to emulate the past greats, rather than become new ones, and I get the same vibe with commentators. I can understand a promotion wanting to go with an original like JR instead of some of the seemingly tribute acts behind some independent promotions desks.

Maybe it would be best if they got in someone completely unrelated to wrestling, but in a similarly-directed vein, perhapsĀ a sports commentator or an actor?

They do have a non wrestling guy in, heā€™s aT start of the video. Heā€™s a sports guy who done the press conference in Vegas for them. Hopefully JR is there to dip in and out, produce announcers, host sit down pre records etc. More emphasis on his senior adviser role than anything on screenĀ