All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

I think a lot of the issue with current Cody is that his super fans are all huge fans of BTE in which he carries himself and is made to look like an absolute star. I actually really like BTE; I think it is a brilliant idea and that more wrestlers should take note. 

Back to the point though. Cody as metioned comes across as a mega star in BTE, he is often the funniest and most charismatic part of each show and they do a wonderful job of using show footage etc to further enhance how they want their characters to be portrayed. The suits, cigars and holidays all make Cody seem like the great gatsby. 

The trouble is translating this to the ring. There have been numerous good workers who have been touted as great due to a strong character/gimmick. Sadly the Cody from BTE is not always the Cody that appears in these 3 star matches. 

Cody has always been a fantastic character actor but I feel he cannot quite translate his BTE persona into his ring work which is a damn shame. 

9 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I think a lot of the issue with current Cody is that his super fans are all huge fans of BTE in which he carries himself and is made to look like an absolute star. I actually really like BTE; I think it is a brilliant idea and that more wrestlers should take note. 

Back to the point though. Cody as metioned comes across as a mega star in BTE, he is often the funniest and most charismatic part of each show and they do a wonderful job of using show footage etc to further enhance how they want their characters to be portrayed. The suits, cigars and holidays all make Cody seem like the great gatsby. 

The trouble is translating this to the ring. There have been numerous good workers who have been touted as great due to a strong character/gimmick. Sadly the Cody from BTE is not always the Cody that appears in these 3 star matches. 

Cody has always been a fantastic character actor but I feel he cannot quite translate his BTE persona into his ring work which is a damn shame. 

Good analysis, but I'm genuinely, genuinely surprised by all this criticism in Cody as a worker. BTE aside, I think he's a really talented wrestler.

8 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Good analysis, but I'm genuinely, genuinely surprised by all this criticism in Cody as a worker. BTE aside, I think he's a really talented wrestler.

Granted, it's been a while since I watched regularly but he's a bit like The Bluetones.  Decent enough and reliable but not going to release anything to trouble album of the year contenders while not releasing any stinkers either.

12 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

I don’t think I criticised him as a worker. In fact I really like Cody. But to claim he is in the top echelon of workers is a stretch.  

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Cody is essentially The Miz, only without the stench of having an apparent "failed" run as WWE champ.

614%20-%20Rhino%20ankle_lock%20gif%20kur

That's enough UKFF for me today.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

You shouldn't be. He was the weak link by somewhat of a distance in the Rhodes team, and on his own is capable of being one half of a quality match, but only with a quality opponent. A true quality worker can have a decent match with anybody. Cody cannot.

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

614%20-%20Rhino%20ankle_lock%20gif%20kur

That's enough UKFF for me today.

Don’t misunderstand me, I really love The Miz and Cody and I think it’s fair to compare the two. Both are great promos, have tonnes of charisma and have a solid yet unspectacular portfolio of in-ring work.

I’d also love for Miz to get another run on top and the only reason he hasn’t had another go as champ already is because of the disaster that was his first run as WWE Champion (let’s be honest, Miz wasn’t ready).

Edited by Love-Wilcox