All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

59 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

If you don't want to be called out for posting daft shite, then don't post daft shite in the first place.

Nothing I have posted on this subject is daft @The King Of Swing. Merely responding to an insinuation that I'm in some way opposed to diversity and inclusion, which couldn't be further from the truth. The world is full of intolerance right now in the current climate, but I'm not one of them. So good on AEW for taking the inclusive approach they have.  

14 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Nothing I have posted on this subject is daft @The King Of Swing. Merely responding to an insinuation that I'm in some way opposed to diversity and inclusion, which couldn't be further from the truth. The world is full of intolerance right now in the current climate, but I'm not one of them. So good on AEW for taking the inclusive approach they have.  

It shouldnt have to be an approach to have to take because it shouldn’t matter

1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

Nothing I have posted on this subject is daft

Trouble is, that is an opinion and not a fact.  In my opinion, once you start with the PC gawn maad route, I'm not going to take any claims of how you're the biggest diversity and inclusion champion (Which is essentially a HR tick box and fuck all else) seriously.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Brandi's statement on diversity and inclusion was spot on, that is something nobody should dispute. Who remembers Jerry Lawlor openly using the word 'fag' in a promo against Golddust? How well has that clip aged? Thankfully terribly.

No it hasn;t. It's still an amazing promo wikth Jerry Lawler spitting hot fire. Ditto when he did it against Jimmy Valiant. It puts over his hatred in the way we all say rum things we mightn't always when we're angry and hatefilled. I hope AEW fails.

I bet the Batista's of the world would only talk to AEW to shake Vince down for a better deal.

I have no horse in the race so if AEW does well then fair play, if not them I'm not going to lose any sleep. End of the day though they need to create a buzz with casual fans to even stand a chance imo.

2 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I bet the Batista's of the world would only talk to AEW to shake Vince down for a better deal.

From what I know Batista is the last person to be like that. Last I heard he was being openly critical of Disney and reluctant to start in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 because Disney sacked his mate.

I always had him down as someone who does as they feel and what makes him happy rather than go with the largest cash offer.

7 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

From what I know Batista is the last person to be like that. Last I heard he was being openly critical of Disney and reluctant to start in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 because Disney sacked his mate.

I always had him down as someone who does as they feel and what makes him happy rather than go with the largest cash offer.

Yeah he's a bad example now you mention it.

Brock would definitely use AEW to clean out Vince, and Vince would get a chubby in the process.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Despite everything? You mean despite Brock being a bigger draw than ever and Batista being a legit movie star? 

To be fair, I think he has a legit (yes, yes) concern, in that, from what I understand, Brock's phoning it in these days, and Batista seems to be shot as a wrestler - at least, that's the impression I get from people on here.

6 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Despite everything? You mean despite Brock being a bigger draw than ever and Batista being a legit movie star? 

I mean that, despite Brock's matches often being a let-down, the spectacle of them fighting would probably intrigue me. Because it would be new and both are over and on their day good. That okay?

• Paid Members

Lesnar would have to do a much different match though, wouldn't he? Because there's no way Dave is letting Lesnar hit him with countless Germans. He might be forced to do something different and more entertaining.

35 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

To be fair, I think he has a legit (yes, yes) concern, in that, from what I understand, Brock's phoning it in these days, and Batista seems to be shot as a wrestler - at least, that's the impression I get from people on here.

I think Batista would end up being similar to Goldberg in that both would go in with something to prove. 

This AEW thread has had some wild tangents. Matter of time before someone starts saying water isn’t wet 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Brock's phoning it in these days,

He's not. People just say this because the only people he seemed to face for a year was Reigns and Strowman, which got boring fast, and because WWE booked him as 'mercenary who doesn't care about WWE, only money' and people who should know better bought into it 100%. He definitely prefers working with some people over others, that much is obvious, but I wouldn't say he's phoning it in.