All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I'm intrigued by the idea that they might announce AEW before the Tokyo Dome show on January 4th. I assumed they'd finish their commitments with ROH and New Japan before saying anything publically.

I wonder if that suggests The Elite will still be working New Japan when AEW gets off the ground. Maybe after the Madison Square Garden show New Japan might start partnering with AEW instead of ROH, since that's where the majority of their guys will be anyway? 

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Hope they dont go all Global Force with it.

Would be sensational if The Golden Elite end up running a Cash My Gold out the back end though.

• Paid Members

The way AJ, Finn and the Good Brothers have either reappeared on TV or had their pushes increased recently, it'd be crazy if this whole thing is a bluff and The Elite suddenly appear on WWE TV. 

Edited by Supremo

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

The way AJ, Finn and the Good Brothers have either reappeared on TV or had their pushes increased recently, it'd be crazy it this whole thing is a bluff and The Elite suddenly appear on WWE TV. 

Never thought of it like that. Of course it could be preemptive of the WWE. A we have the real stars type of deal; cue Glen Jacobs as Luke Gallows. 

• Paid Members

It does make me wonder how over The Elite really are. Let's say Cody, The Bucks and Hangman Page jump the rail on Raw one week. Do the crowd react like they're stars? Or bar the hardcore fans do people wonder who these nobodies are with Cody?

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

It does make me wonder how over The Elite really are. Let's say Cody, The Bucks and Hangman Page jump the rail on Raw one week. Do the crowd react like they're stars? Or bar the hardcore fans do people wonder who these nobodies are with Cody?

If it happened at a notable event like the Rumble or a Takeover the roof would blow off, just a random RAW show somewhere they would still get a good reaction I reckon but with a higher proportion of kids it would be diluted somewhat 

It would depend on the reason for the debut. If they are heading to WWE then you either send them in as the Elite or you have their first appearace alonside every member of the BC they have. If Cody and pals jump the rail to save Balor/Aj/good brothers from a big beatdown then the visual of them throwing up the too sweets would make the marks hard. 

Of course from there you go down the leadership civil war if you want. 

• Paid Members

I wouldn't dim the shine of a star like AJ Styles by forcing him to share a ring with Cody in that manner. Cody's a midcarder for life and standing next to Styles would magnify that.

9 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I wouldn't dim the shine of a star like AJ Styles by forcing him to share a ring with Cody in that manner. Cody's a midcarder for life and standing next to Styles would magnify that.

I respectfully disagree. Cody, in my view, has always had the charisma required of a main eventer, but has now proved over the last 2 years that he is more than capable of a 4 star+ match as well. And he has the right attitude and work ethic to boot. 

But I hope he doesn't share a ring with AJ Styles until Styles jumps to AEW! :)

Edited by MPDTT

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

But I hope he doesn't share a ring with AJ Styles until Styles jumps to AEW! :)

And on that day Lister, Satan will be skating to work.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, MPDTT said:

From what perspective? That article says fuck all so it's hard to judge but "Impact wrestling" isn't worth anything to anyone who wants to run a wrestling promotion. It has no TV deal of note, no contracted talent worth having and no reputation worth buying. 

The library might be worth buying if you're WWE bug it's otherwise worthless and these lads aren't stupid.

I don't get Cody Rhodes either. Never have and never will. Useful hand who I'd employ in my midcard anytime but nothing more and with no potential to be.