All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

35 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

When Stephanie McMahon is presented as the figurehead of WWE's women's division, they're rightly criticised and mocked for it. Is Brandi Rhodes as the head of AEW's women's division any different? 

Well Brandi actually would be playing a part in setting up the women’s division, Steph hasn’t actually done anything for the women’s revolution. She just sorta showed up when everyone else had done all the work. 

Nobody really minds the McMahons when they are being entertaining anyway, but that hardly ever happens. Steph is an awful character who spends most her time cutting the legs off all the talent, so as long as Brandi Rhodes doesn’t do that it’ll be fine 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Well Brandi actually would be playing a part in setting up the women’s division, Steph hasn’t actually done anything for the women’s revolution. She just sorta showed up when everyone else had done all the work. 

She's promoted the shit out of it. 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Ask yourself this - if the Kliq were starting up their own promotion, or any other less popular group of wrestlers, do you think people would be celebrating when they appointed themselves and all of their mates "Executive Vice Presidents", or do you think it would be seen as jobs for the boys?

Jobs and health insurance for the boys. There's lots of smoke and mirrors claims made by these snake oil salesmen about healthcare and offering more than the "if you get injured while wrestling we'll look after you" given by WWE. However when actually pressed for details on this, it turns out that the only people who are getting a real healthcare package are the Young Bucks, Cody, Brandi and other "executives". 

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/all-elite-wrestling-cody-young-bucks-health-insurance/

I imagine the Bucks might be pushing for it but they have to convince the money men. Good intentions can only ever go so far.

On a previous subject, I kind of get the impression that Cody has his vision of what wrestling is. I wouldn't be shocked if he's less involved in ring with AEW and concentrates on the booking etc. He's definitely for his old mans mentality and his ego does not seem as massive to make himself the star of that promotion. Pure speculation of course.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Factotum said:

He's definitely for his old mans mentality and his ego does not seem as massive to make himself the star of that promotion. 

He booked himself to win the NWA Title in the most hyped match of the first show he ever booked. 

And then lost it very quickly.It made sense for him to win that match given how it was booked and what the event was. Had he lost, would anyone really even talk about it? Him and Aldis were the story of that event. 

He wasn't the Main event and as mentioned he lost it shortly after. It gave the NWA a boost as well. I don't see him winning that as an ego thing. Again could be utterly wrong on that. Just the impression I get from him in interviews etc.

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

He booked himself to win the NWA Title in the most hyped match of the first show he ever booked. 

You're a really good poster but, honestly, why is that a problem? 

Is he less of a name than the previous titles holders? No. Did it not make sense for him to win the belt? No. Did the crowd crap all over it? No. Did the NWA object? No. 

Cody had loads of momentum going into that show. Should he have ruined that by jobbing himself to Joey Janela in the opening match just cause he's the booker? 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Factotum said:

He wasn't the Main event 

He didn't go on last but the match was pushed as the main event, and it only didn't go on last because they were all conscious of time constraints and didn't want to have to tell that pair to rush anything. Because it was the main event.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Factotum said:

And then lost it very quickly.

On a show that nobody cared about or was watching. I didn't even know he'd dropped it until someone mentioned it a few days ago, I assumed he was still champion.

14 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Did the NWA object? No. 

I realise we're a long way removed from the NWA's Board of Directors needing to vote on title changes in advance, but I'd like to hope Billy Corgan has at least some say in things and title changes aren't booked by whoever happens to be promoting a show on a given night.

• Paid Members

AEW employee David Meltzer said this today. “There are guys you’ve probably never heard of, that haven’t even been announced yet, that are making 6 figures when they sign up for this company.”

This sounds like a total money grab. Lanny Poffo will be sitting at home laughing at this news.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

AEW employee David Meltzer said this today. “There are guys you’ve probably never heard of, that haven’t even been announced yet, that are making 6 figures when they sign up for this company.”

Whatever credibility Meltzer had left has all but evaporated since he became the biggest fangirl since Vladimir. Its like using the Daily Mail as your go-to source for credible and unbiased Brexit coverage.

vlad.jpg

Edited by garynysmon