All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

23 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

What's the connection there?  Is he just a fan?

He is a big fan and really good mates with Lars. When I saw Rancid play back in 2008 (maybe?) WWE were doing a house show the same night. He requested to open the show, had his match and jumped straight in a taxi to the gig and stood back of the stage.

Naturally, when I saw them all on stage together I nearly shit my skin tight tartan trousers 

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Ziggler means nothing these days. He won't make a difference in AEW apart from having a few solid matches.

Ziggler means nothing in WWE but the same audience that thinks Cody is a big deal, that Cody v Magnus for the NWA (lol) belt is a big main event, and that the business is about to change forever, typically also think that Ziggler has been "held down," that he's a workmate machine on a par with AJ, Tanahashi and Okada, and that he should have been champion five or six times by now. They will push him as a star regardless of how smalltime it looks to WWE fans. It's Christian to TNA all over again.

8 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Ziggler means nothing in WWE but the same audience that thinks Cody is a big deal, that Cody v Magnus for the NWA (lol) belt is a big main event, and that the business is about to change forever, typically also think that Ziggler has been "held down," that he's a workmate machine on a par with AJ, Tanahashi and Okada, and that he should have been champion five or six times by now. They will push him as a star regardless of how smalltime it looks to WWE fans. It's Christian to TNA all over again.

vyH7IBM.jpg

It probably has more charisma.

• Paid Members

Dolph Ziggler has talked up how he's unhappy and letting his contract expire every other year for his entire fucking career. He was definitely going to NJPW until he wasn't, then he was absolutely going to jump to Lucha Underground until he didn't. He'll still be complaining about being an indie darling held down by the WWE Machine, despite having wrestled nowhere else ever, in ten years' time.

10 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Dolph Ziggler has talked up how he's unhappy and letting his contract expire every other year for his entire fucking career. He was definitely going to NJPW until he wasn't, then he was absolutely going to jump to Lucha Underground until he didn't. He'll still be complaining about being an indie darling held down by the WWE Machine, despite having wrestled nowhere else ever, in ten years' time.

Which is smart from a business sense as it will help him negotiate a better contract when it comes time to renew. He’d be a bit daft to openly say he intends to stay put forever and then expect a better contract. 

Although I do actually believe that he has a reverse bucket list of wanting to work the indies after spending his whole career in WWE. Just a case of him having the bottle to do it