All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

WWE are not arsed if Jericho goes to AEW.

Give the man a goldfish. Not saying Jericho's a spent force but he's not worth losing sleep over.

1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

Vince knows he can tempt Jericho back (and get inside information)

"So Vince, You know how you were thinking of a great entrance for Undertaker at Wrestlemania?  Well what all the edgy, hip and cool people like, and it'll bring back all the anti-PC brigade, is to have all the torch bearing druids dressed up as penises!  Smell the ratings, Vance"

I have never been a fan of Jericho. His in ring work bores me to tears, his character work as the suit wearing heel was good. But christ is he a ego maniac, considering he has never been a needle shifter I really don’t understand it. I can only assume he is a fucking wally. 

Also on one of his podcasts he referred to London as the oldest city in the world. The stupid mid life crisis tosspot.   

2 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I think Vince is smarter than that.

He knows that realistically for the time being Jericho is probably the only person who would go from AEW to WWE so if the AEW delivers and becomes 'competition' Vince knows he can tempt Jericho back (and get inside information) or if it tanks he can lowball Jericho when he comes crawling back. 

I think realistically they could actually lose a few to AEW. Depends on the TV deals and money being put in. 

Reckon will only be wrestlers the level of Ryder and Revival though. I’ve seen reasonable arguments for bigger names, but I’d be very surprised if there was that kind of funding. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Reckon will only be wrestlers the level of Ryder and Revival though. 

I think that's a really good shout. If they get enough money thrown at them, you've got a feud with the Bucks that has already begun in some ways, with the FTR stuff. The Revival can really thrive if given half an opportunity, they'd be a great (and realistic) signing for All Elite.

• Paid Members

Ryder wont leave. He's such a battered house wife, the idea of losing his Mattel friends who put out figures of him every year is to much to lose.

Someone like WALTER may jack it in depending on how rosey that relationship turns out. WWE were so desperate to get him, they put a 6 month clause in his deal where he can just fuck off if he's miserable. And he's previously said he'd find living in the States hard. He reminds me of how Pac has ended up in WWE. You feel if he could fuck off, he would have.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

6 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Ryder wont leave. He's such a battered house wife, the idea of losing his Mattel friends who put out figures of him every year is to much to lose.

You could well be right. A bit of groundwork for it has been put down on Twitter though and gotta think this is the most likely chance of Ryder finally walking away. 

Isn’t Ziggler on daft money with the WWE? That, added with the fact he gets to do his comedy stuff alongside his wrestling makes me incredibly doubtful that he jumps ship.

Without going all MDTT or whatever his name is, you can't say that Jericho is shit. 18 months ago he was the best thing on Raw. He's recently done sterling work in New Japan. Yes he's put some timber on and he's not going to draw a million buys on PPV, but he isn't shit.

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Without going all MDTT or whatever his name is, you can't say that Jericho is shit. 18 months ago he was the best thing on Raw. He's recently done sterling work in New Japan. Yes he's put some timber on and he's not going to draw a million buys on PPV, but he isn't shit.

The argument isn't that he's shit. It's that he's not 1994 Hulk Hogan, and that a roster that's basically a standard indie show + Chris Jericho doesn't scream game-changer. Nor does it seem much different to the WWE alternatives that already exist.

4 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

The argument isn't that he's shit. It's that he's not 1994 Hulk Hogan, and that a roster that's basically a standard indie show + Chris Jericho doesn't scream game-changer. Nor does it seem much different to the WWE alternatives that already exist.

I agree with that also.