All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

Just now, tiger_rick said:

Mystery solved, you're Tony Khan.

I did tell a slight lie - in a London borough.....but technically Kent.

And I'm sure Tony has a pad in Knightsbridge, not 'Sarf Landan'!

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

You don't even know who's on the show yet!

Frankie Kazarian, a couple of middle-aged baldies, Gary Busey out of Lethal Weapon and some fireworks. What more do you need.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Did you watch the rally?

I saw a little bit of it and read up who appeared, but they're the same several guys (Jericho aside) that have been over here loads in recent years. No matches or build yet either. It's far too early to get pumped about anything yet! A few months down the line when more wrestlers are announced, and they are genuine 'can't miss' wrestlers, with some reason to draw you in, then fair enough. But at the moment it's just a handful of the same old lot. Standard indy show line-up + Jericho as it stands.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Snugglecakes said:

Tony Khan isn't just funding AEW,  he'll also be the Head of Creative, in the Vince role.

A non wrestling person doing the creative? I take back what I said about the WCW comparison having no merit.

• Paid Members

Cornette makes some good points on his podcast this week. Cornette was spot on this week, on his podcast. Basically said, the Elite has a fanbase that likes everything they do, so they dont get any bad feedback. In big time wrestling, you need to please the money man, the television network, the fans who havent caught on yet. This thin-skinned shite has to go out of the window, because that fanbase and the Bucks themselves are such fannies when it comes to criticism. Those few hundred thousand views (not fans but views) on their BTE show isnt going to cut it on TNT or ESPN or whatever. They're entering a totally different world.

Sadly he then goes onto say you could sell Davey Richards to television networks and they'd buy it. So that was a cup of water to the face, quick.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

the Elite has a fanbase that likes everything they do, so they dont get any bad feedback.

3 minutes ago, BobbyBurnell said:

I wish the people on here would stop mocking AEW. I know WWE is the be all and end all for most UK fans, But this could be huge for wrestling.