All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

If he really wanted to try an interesting project, and had real confidence in his abilities and name recognition, he could have helped out his mate Don Callis in trying to revive the Impact brand

I absolutely love your dedication

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

TNA's got more chance of getting back on TV with this promotion doing well, than if it doesnt. MLW as well. Hopefully this leads to more wrestling promotions getting their foot in the door, if AEW gets on TV.

I'm more pessimistic personally, they're all going to be raiding the same pool and there's only going to be one real winner there. With NXT already snapping up so many wrestlers, and treading on the toes of these companies in all honesty, I can't see there being enough oxygen in the room.

The one thing I don't understand is why wrestling has this set plan of what is needed to be a success or indeed just be a wrestling promotion . Why does a successful wrestling have to have a weekly episodic tv show? 

Yeah it worked for wwe but times have changed. There are other ways to build and grow a promotion without just doing the same old same old. 

Why the stupid names for shows. 'Double or nothing?' It's a tad corny. Its the same overdone concept that will only end when a really progressive group come along and do something truly different.

From what I've seen so far AEW will be another wwe lite company that does nothing really different in front of the camera. 

Shame really as they clearly have a decent backer behind them.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BigJackTaylor said:

The one thing I don't understand is why wrestling has this set plan of what is needed to be a success or indeed just be a wrestling promotion . Why does a successful wrestling have to have a weekly episodic tv show?

Because television companies pay you a fee to air your show, which you use to get the characters over to a national audience and then you develop more revenue streams and can then sell it internationally. How else could you be successful in the long term if you dont have a television outlet to get these characters over? Times have hardly changed when WWE has signed the biggest TV deal in their history. TV is more important that ever.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

3 minutes ago, BigJackTaylor said:

Why the stupid names for shows. 'Double or nothing?' It's a tad corny. Its the same overdone concept that will only end when a really progressive group come along and do something truly different.

From what I've seen so far AEW will be another wwe lite company that does nothing really different in front of the camera. 

Shame really as they clearly have a decent backer behind them.

Double Or Nothing as they’re doing the show at the MGM in Vegas? 

They haven’t even done a show yet, so you’ve seen nothing.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Is Ryback still wrestling and if so does he still look like Goldberg dressed as RVD? 

They should sign him up then have him just giving clotheslines to fat lasses into swimming pools like he did on Twitter but do it every week. I'd be all in on that.

3 hours ago, BigJackTaylor said:

It doesn't. There are plenty of successful promotions that don't have a weekly TV show. But they're small-time.