All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

They mentioned that they're holding a show in Florida before Double Or Nothing, so maybe those are TV Tapings? Really chuffed to see Janela, PAC and the OWE lads involved. 

Having seen many promotions come and go I'm still quite sceptical but I still hope that this is a success.

10 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Not saying I disagree but how have you came to that opinion?

Just feel they have got carried away with the success of all in, I can’t see them keeping the fan intrest past 12 months.

I commend them for doing this it’s a hell of a risk for them I like all the main players involved but I feel when your relying on a failed midcarder like Cody, unproven draws in the bucks, scu and Hangman Page your asking for trouble.

Jericho will be there for the early onset but with Fozzy and no doubt Vince throwing him a boatload of cash I’d be shocked if he hung about, and I really think omega will become exposed in this venture.

I would be very happy to be proven wrong though.

I get that Jericho is the biggest star they have, but ending the presser with a fat 50 year old mid card comedy act after having all the young guys curtain jerk for him doesn’t fill me with joy. It’s very TNA. Should have been Cody and the bucks on first and last. 

12 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

I get that Jericho is the biggest star they have, but ending the presser with a fat 50 year old mid card comedy act after having all the young guys curtain jerk for him doesn’t fill me with joy. It’s very TNA. Should have been Cody and the bucks on first and last. 

Mid card comedy act? Which was the last Jericho match you watched?

Jericho was the co-main event at Wrestle Kingdom, an event that lots of the fans in attendance would've watched, and delivered a really good match. Plus, after previously saying he'd never work for another American company, it was the right choice to end on the shock factor of him signing for AEW.

Good foundations put into place I thought. Don't think they've made a single bad signing as of yet. Obviously the statements regarding healthcare and equal pay were smart, I can't see that not being tempting for a lot of the WWE lads sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Edited by AdamTH17

• Paid Members

At no point did this suggest to me that this is going to be in any way, shape or form a 'game changer' or the slightest threat to WWE. It was a cheap-looking mid-afternoon press conference with a couple of blokes from Bleacher Report taking pictures, some ill-advised pyro, and one big name who everyone expected on board anyway.

That press conference where Super Domino and Super Festus battered The Great Power Uti looked more professional than this. It's got some wrestling fans excited but that's all it was aimed at. It was an opportunity to get some eyes on the potential from casuals and beyond - it looked to me as though they didn't even try and aim for that demographic and this is another ROH.

• Paid Members

I can only assume they don't have Omega yet, if at all. There's no way you'd do that press conference and not end with him if he was signed. That was why it felt like such an anticlimax with Jericho. When they shot up all the fireworks there was a definite sense of, "hang on, is that it?"

Jericho's an interesting case, isn't he? He's so great, and has done awesome things since leaving WWE the last time. He's also the perfect signig for AEW. And yet, for whatever reason, there's always this slight aura of tragedy about Chris, where he constantly acts and talks like he's a bigger star than he actually is. It's even worse now he's got the gut.

Pac's a great signing.

MJF is a shit Alberto Del Rio knock off though. Don't see the appeal at all.

Edited by Supremo

I really hope Conrad is on the announce team just for a laugh. 

I watched 30 seconds and it looked as low rent as hell. Conrad fronts your press conference? Why? Nothing against the bloke but wouldn't you bring in a decent presenter? Conrad is just the bloke who sulks while Eric takes the piss out of him for caring. Bonkers choice. 

Then he introduced the "hottest free agents in wrestling" and it's Kazarian, Daniels and the other fella. You couldn't even call Kazarian a tepid free agent when he left the WWE rather than get a haircut. I know Daniels and Kazarian are meant to be better now but if the first thing I see is your idea of hot free agents and they were last relevant about a decade ago when they were midcarders for TNA then you've left yourself a lot of hard work to get me interested. 

I can't believe a billionaire is bringing wrestling back to Turner Broadcasting and it begins with Conrad introducing Frankie fucking Kazarian to a car park. 

Fairly underwhelming after all the hype big Dave has been regurgitating like a giddy schoolgirl over the last few days. Chubby, mid life crisis Jericho is the super secret big name that everyone expected.  Great news on the health insurance at least though. No confirmation of a TV deal either, which is weird if they have a good as deal as is being reported.

21 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I can only assume they don't have Omega yet, if at all. There's no way you'd do that press conference and not end with him if he was signed. That was why it felt like such an anticlimax with Jericho. When they shot up all the fireworks there was a definite sense of, "hang on, is that it?"

Jericho's an interesting case, isn't he? He's so great, and has done awesome things since leaving WWE the last time. He's also the perfect signig for AEW. And yet, for whatever reason, there's always this slight aura of tragedy about Chris, where he constantly acts and talks like he's a bigger star than he actually is. It's even worse now he's got the gut.

Pac's a great signing.

MJF is a shit Alberto Del Rio knock off though. Don't see the appeal at all.

You can't announce someone when they're still under contract elsewhere, that's if he goes there anyway. That was the major meltdown I saw on Youtube Live chat which was some how worse than normal Youtube comments