All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

It’s always good to understand the reasoning behind other points of view as it can help you question if your views remain valid. So na it’s not as simple as if I   Like it, nothing else matters

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

That's right, I just shut down all discussion right there and then.

I don't know if you did, Gladders, that's no my point.

Saying "as long as you like something, there's no need to question others on their view" or words to that effect, is stupid. Especially on a discussion board. That's my point.

4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well it's not worth getting worked up about on a Saturday afternoon, is it.

Oh by no means olde pal, enjoy the rest of your afternoon. The Lady Vanishes is on telly in 20mins if you wanna watch it.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Louch said:

Why? If you don’t think you will like it, it’ll be easy enough to just not watch it. But why would you want it to fail? 

Nothing to do with the product/content, whenever that comes into existence. Everything to do with the hyperbole of the fanbase, convinced this is the best thing to ever happen to Our Great Sport™ and that Vince will lose sleep over losing talent or how to counter Punk vs Goldberg at All In, All Out, Shake It All About.

Fans are excited at the prospect of a new wrestling company, backed by a billionaire and a possible TV deal. Is that really so bad? Yeah, some of the smart marks might sound a little hyperbolic but so what? It's a bit of fun until reality potentially comes crashing down on them.

45 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Fans are excited at the prospect of a new wrestling company, backed by a billionaire and a possible TV deal.

ROH are an existing wrestling company, backed by a billionaire company and have an actual TV deal. But Vince still sleeps soundly on a Thursday.  What will AEW do better than ROH?

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

ROH are an existing wrestling company, backed by a billionaire company and have an actual TV deal. But Vince still sleeps soundly on a Thursday.  What will AEW do better than ROH?

RoH has been coasting for quite some time now and I think fans feel like they peaked in terms of popularity years ago. AEW is a fresh, new brand that has potential to do well right from the start with relatively big-name stars signed on right from the start. Now I'm not saying that they'll fare any better than RoH in the long run, I just think that's how most fans are feeling at the moment. 

Yeah I can understand the excitement, but it's this years Emperors new clothes for me.  The big thing people seem to be focusing on is the "Billionaire" owner, but it's not unique and he won't be spending his billion like there is no tomorrow.  I hope they do, but I fail to see what they'll achieve that so many others haven't who had/have the same backing and exposure.

I think what interests me is the creative direction.  The approach behind the camera could be what sets them apart and brings something new.