Les Dennis denies spray-painting his name across Norwich

Gus Mears

It's a little bit mad this story.

I'm a broadcast journalist based in Liverpool and I interviewed Les today on the subject of these spray paintings. Firstly, he's totally bemused by it but it appears it's not the first time it;s happened; he's seen instances in North London too and he's convinced some anti-Brexit campaigners are using his name as it sounds a 'bit French' to try to make some sort of political point. He loves it though and any publicity is good publicity I guess when your career is a bit quiet.

17 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Speaking of Amanda Holden,

One of my favourite Les Dennis stories took place on They Think It's All Over.  Neil Morrissey was a panelist, this was just after Holden had left Les Dennis for him, and there was a question about Mike Atherton, in the joke after the question, Nick Hancock said that the Atherton first wicket partnership with someone was the longest partnership in England that hadn't been broken up by Neil Morrissey.

After the show, Neil Morrissey said "OK lads, it's fair game having a pop at me over that but you should spare a thought about poor old Les" to which Jonathan Ross shot back "Were you thinking about 'poor old Les' when you were fucking his missus?" To which Morrissey stormed off.

Wasn't the "poor Les" line in the show? I always remember that line but not him storming off strangely.

Les Dennis is probably responsible for the funniest thing Ricky Gervais has ever had a hand in.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Wasn't the "poor Les" line in the show? I always remember that line but not him storming off strangely.

Les Dennis is probably responsible for the funniest thing Ricky Gervais has ever had a hand in.

It's pretty funny when he turns up in "The Club" on Bang Bang It's Reeves & Mortimer as well.

2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

The story was told on the show the following week, the altercation happened after the previous show, that’s when he stormed off, it was from the post show drinks, not the filming. 

• Paid Members

Les is clearly behind this himself, bless him. Reminds me of that bit in Extras when Les phones Heat magazine anonymously in an attempt to get some press for himself. 

Les: Hi, do you deal with the ‘Celebrity Spotted’ section? 

Magazine bloke: Can do, yeah. Why, who have you seen? 

Les: Well, I just spotted Les Dennis. The comedian and impressionist and actor Les Dennis. I just spotted him shopping in New Bond Street. 

Magazine bloke: Doubt he can afford much round there, can he? 

Les: Well, he CAN because I just saw him and he was spending a fucking shitload of cash, alright? So put that in. Make sure you put that in! 

Archived