Les Dennis denies spray-painting his name across Norwich

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Guilty, or not guilty? (plainly guilty). 

I love this story. Les Dennis is top of my list of celebrities likely to go on an entirely pointless Worrall Thompson-esque crime spree. Best random celebrity graffiti since 'ROBERT KILROY SILK' was plastered across random parts of Amsterdam when I went on holiday there. 

• Paid Members

Les Dennis always reminds me of that story Holy Moly ran when he was with Amanda Holden about her having to change a white dress she had on at some awards show because Les had just done her up the arse and "it's coming out all over me fucking dress".

Speaking of Amanda Holden,

One of my favourite Les Dennis stories took place on They Think It's All Over.  Neil Morrissey was a panelist, this was just after Holden had left Les Dennis for him, and there was a question about Mike Atherton, in the joke after the question, Nick Hancock said that the Atherton first wicket partnership with someone was the longest partnership in England that hadn't been broken up by Neil Morrissey.

After the show, Neil Morrissey said "OK lads, it's fair game having a pop at me over that but you should spare a thought about poor old Les" to which Jonathan Ross shot back "Were you thinking about 'poor old Les' when you were fucking his missus?" To which Morrissey stormed off.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

One of my favourite Les Dennis stories took place on They Think It's All Over.  Neil Morrissey was a panelist, this was just after Holden had left Les Dennis for him, and there was a question about Mike Atherton, in the joke after the question, Nick Hancock said that the Atherton first wicket partnership with someone was the longest partnership in England that hadn't been broken up by Neil Morrissey.

After the show, Neil Morrissey said "OK lads, it's fair game having a pop at me over that but you should spare a thought about poor old Les" to which Jonathan Ross shot back "Were you thinking about 'poor old Les' when you were fucking his missus?" To which Morrissey stormed off.

That's got to be up there with when Preston stormed off Buzzcocks because Lamarr kept reading extracts from Chantelle's autobiography.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That's got to be up there with when Preston stormed off Buzzcocks because Lamarr kept reading extracts from Chantelle's autobiography.

It was Simon Amstell, but yes. He ragged on him during the introductions about Ordinary Boys having no fans and Preston was already sulking. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, TheBurningRed said:

It was Simon Amstell, but yes. He ragged on him during the introductions about Ordinary Boys having no fans and Preston was already sulking. 

It was, sorry. It was even better when they found a guy to stand in for him from the audience. Amstell was great on Buzzcocks.

19 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Wasn’t there also an episode around the same time where Jonathon Ross put his hand up to speak. When Hancock prompted him to do so he asked if he could leave early to get home to his wife before Neil Morrisey did! 

Nah, they're two different scenarios for me.  The ragging on Prestons wife was out of order as she wasn't on the show.  It did lead to the brilliant quote from Preston afterwards when he said he had to walk off otherwise he'd have chinned the posh public schoolboy, what with his band being the working class soundtrack.  Preston is of course a descendent of Earl Grey (He of tea fame) and went to public school.

@thicko, Ha I didn't know that!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah, they're two different scenarios for me.  The ragging on Prestons wife was out of order as she wasn't on the show.

Agreed, Amstell was a right cunt with that. And he's a shit stand-up comedian as well.

Archived