The UKFF's Favourite Christmas Telly Special - Final Result On Page 6!

Accident Prone

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

On a bridge of violent people, I was small enough to cry
I got seven days to live my life or seven ways to die...

Yes, it's time for Number 7 in the Christmas Telly 12 Days Of Christmas Coundown! For Christmas!

With 14 points each, 7th place goes to;

🎄 Mr.Bean - Merry Christmas, Mr Bean 🎄

maxresdefault.jpg

"Perfect Xmas Day fodder, pratfalls and slapstick, and a turkey on the head. Great for TV after stuffing oneself on pigs in blankets as Uncle snores off the sherry." - bigfoote

My Two Turtle Doves - An absolute corker! There's so many brilliant set pieces in this episode that it all gets lost under the famous 'Turkey On The Head' spot. Just like the people who chat endlessly about 'Turning it up to eleven!' from Spinal Tap when the real comedy gold is stuff like the mini-Stonehenge and 'Lick my love pump'. The toy nativity and the brass band scenes are tight, fantastic bits of gold that deserve so much more praise than a man with a turkey on his head. Either way, a wonderful  bit of Christmas telly.

🎄 The Simpsons - Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire 🎄

Simpsons-Barney.jpg

"The first ever episode (bar the Tracey Ullman shorts). How many shows have the balls to open with a Christmas special, eh? The story of how Santa's Little Helper came to live on Evergreen Terrace still makes you laugh and warms the heart in equal measure. They've not made a better festive effort since". - Fog Dude

"Now nearly 30 years old, and still some of the finest work from Groening and the team. From the tattoo, to the debut of Santos L Halper. What happened?!"- bigfoote

"Not their best by any means, but STARTING with a Christmas episode? Nice". - HarmonicGenerator

That's all for now but things are just starting to heat up as the Christmas Telly Countdown rolls on...

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

The first ever episode (bar the Tracey Ullman shorts). How many shows have the balls to open with a Christmas special, eh? The story of how Santa's Little Helper came to live on Evergreen Terrace still makes you laugh and warms the heart in equal measure. They've not made a better festive effort since". - Fog Dude

"Now nearly 30 years old, and still some of the finest work from Groening and the team. From the tattoo, to the debut of Santos L Halper. What happened?!"- bigfoote

"Not their best by any means, but STARTING with a Christmas episode? Nice". - HarmonicGenerator

It wasn't meant to be episode 1. Some Enchanted Evening was planned as the first to air but fell fowl of production, animation and re-writing I believe and it got switched to accommodate the issues. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

But wrong uns still voted for it and should be ashamed of themselves.  Making my voice heard.

Well those wrong'uns who voted for the Vic Dibs could have been pushed into a mere honorable mention if other people's options outnumbered it. You wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. The power of the vote is massive.

Personally, I haven't watched Vicar Of Dibley in YEARS but I expect it hasn't aged well, despite my love of that one lad who stutters a lot.

9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

But wrong uns still voted for it and should be ashamed of themselves.  Making my voice heard.

We all know the (Roman Catholic) Father Ted will be higher up this countdown, and the (Anglican) Vicar of Dibley is needed to provide denominational balance.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Archived