Lars Sullivan on the main roster

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Lars has got one of those faces where he constantly reminded me off someone and I couldn't put my finger on it. Then it hit me randomly whist watching a Takeover last year;

4979223-4062772390-VanHe.jpg

He's the spitting image of Mr Hyde from the Hugh Jackman version of Van Helsing! 

So, in tribute to this, I would absolutely play Lars as the alter-ego of, say, Drew Gulak. You even keep the vignettes and teasers going. Then when Lars is set to debut, you have Gulak wonder down to the ring to Lars' music. He procures a potion from his jacket and takes a swig, dropping to his knees. That's when you have the lights flash and add some sound effects, pull the old switcheroo, and have Lars suddenly in his place. 

16 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Actually, yes. Put him on 205 Live. Let's say all the cruisers are pissing themselves laughing at Drake Maverick for ... well, for pissing himself. So Drake brings his newest protege, Lars Sullivan. "But he's not 205 pounds" they will cry. "Ah", Drake will say. "Those recurring segments I do every so often where there's a weigh in? Well, I've gimmicked the scales and Lars shows up as 203 pounds despite clearly being well over the limit! It's a reverse Crash Holly, hahah!" Then Sullivan squishes cruiserweights.

This, I want this more than anything in wrestling right now

• Paid Members

Really hoping they make Lars the Braun Strowman of Smackdown. With so much talent on Smackers to bump for him, it’d be super easy to make him a superstar. Fingers crossed they hold off his debut and make his first appearance in the Royal Rumble Match. Give him some momentum by either eliminating a load of guys or chucking out one significant top star. Maybe Samoa Joe?

• Paid Members

So an online mag has done some digging and found that he has said a lot of shit on forum boards he probably shouldn’t have. From what I gather, slagging off wrestlers (calling Jeff a meth head etc). Stuff that can be worked around for sure, bury the hatchet with said wrestlers.. all good. But then there’s apparently been some racist stuff too.

Fuck sake.

Some are calling the news site out about history digging, saying they have an agenda etc. Now, I’d agree with that if we were talking simply about ‘teenager slags off wrestlers’... but the racism stuff is a game changer, that’s a different ball game all together. Some people are saying, “He was young and made a mistake”, some are saying “It doesn’t warrant a racist tag” claiming the comments, aren’t that offensive.

In my opinion, regardless of age, regardless of ‘poor comedic timing’ it falls as with anything down to context. Based on that, he has used a racial slur and needs to at the very least address it. If the comments are indeed true, then yeah, he has tried to belittle someone because of skin colour. I deem that as racist.

The alleged comment: 

“Oh, you’re black? No wonder all you can do is copy and paste,”

The site and story in reference:

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/11/22/lars-sullivan-caught-using-racist-joke-message-board-battle/

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, Supremo said:

Really hoping they make Lars the Braun Strowman of Smackdown. With so much talent on Smackers to bump for him, it’d be super easy to make him a superstar. Fingers crossed they hold off his debut and make his first appearance in the Royal Rumble Match. Give him some momentum by either eliminating a load of guys or chucking out one significant top star. Maybe Samoa Joe?

This, but I'd debut him well before the Rumble. I'd let him destroy some job guys or cruisers in squashes and then he's got enough build behind him going in to the Rumble and everybody knows his reputation as a monster. You can tease the potential of him and Braun maybe coming face to face at somepoint in the match. Get Braun in there in the first third of the match and build to that spot where a load of smaller guys are ganging up on Strowman in the corner trying to lift him over the top, clock counts down and Sullivan appears, they both clear house until it's just the two of them, stare down and then a short stint of them battering each other before they get double eliminated by the next entrant who's Curt Hawkins or somebody and then Braun and Lars can fight their way to the back to set up something later on down the line.

Either that or have Walter debut at the Rumble and him and Lars can batter each other instead. 

Archived