Athletico Mince

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Bob has arguably been the funniest person in my life since I was a child. His delivery is incredibly humble and off the cuff. I’m a big Reeves fan too, but Bob is just so ‘real’ if you see what I mean (you do because most of you have said it). Everything he does is gold. He’s a genius, mainly because he’s completely radged.

A mate of mine bumped in to him in Co.Durham about 10 years ago. Nothing overboard, just said “hello Bob, how are you keeping?” to which Bob said along the lines of “Its Karen’s Whippets birthday”.

And that was that.

• Paid Members

Bob Mortimer's long been a hero of mine. Shooting Stars genuinely had the funniest sketches of any comedy ever. I disagree that Bob is what Vic wants to be. I think its a bit of both. Apparently Vic is really shy, yet has no fear on stage. Where as Bob is really outgoing, but quite terrified of bombing. I think that's what makes the partnership, because each of them have strengths the other doesnt have. This slayed me so much, I uploaded it to Youtube.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I uploaded it to Youtube.

Aw man that was class. Proper school boy retort.

It’s difficult to explain why, but 2 of my favourite sketches ever are Vic & Bobs rendition of Falling Down staring Michael Douglass, presented by the Sunderland Independent Film Company.

And their Afternoon Delights video about Free Running.

• Paid Members

I think it was seeing some comments on here that first turned me onto the podcast, probably at the start of this year, and now I'm hooked on it. Not sure I've ever seen or heard anyone as naturally funny as Bob. Some of my favourite things on the show are Beardsley, Gangs of the EPL and the British Manager's Club. Also, the South African stories slay me every time just because of the accent.

This was a real treat from a few months ago:

• Paid Members

I love Bob Mortimer. He never fails to make me laugh. The Jordan Henderson song from one of the last shows they did had me howling as the kids say these days. The Peter Beardsley stuff is the best for me. This mad world he’s dreamt up where Peter has a shackled life because of his over bearing wife and a son who doesn’t want to know him is wonderful stuff. 

Got to give some love to Andy Dawson and the Jeremy Corbyn stuff that he done in the earlier shows.

Does anyone remember the game show Bob hosted called 29 Minutes of Fame back in the mid 2000s? It’s been a long time since I saw any, but I remember Bob was hilarious on that also. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Andy Dawson and the Jeremy Corbyn stuff that he done in the earlier shows.

"SEEN YOU".

There was a relatively recent one that had Corbyn say, "shit happens, as we say in the Labour Party", which I found ridiculously funny.

I was far too late in getting on the Athletico Mince bandwagon, as I'd assumed that I'd need to know anything about football to understand it. I was hooked after one episode.