Brexit

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

But keeping mega threads will add to the growth and the prosperity of the UKFF. Getting shot of them will add to the continued death of the UKFF.

Project Fear

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Gus Mears said:
I don't think I've hated politics as much as today since the morning after the Referendum.

Although I've been reading up on UK and global politics more and more as my years advance, I'm certainly still a novice- but I remember feeling physically sick that morning. I was gutted, disappointed, angry, let-down, embarrassed- all of the above. I think David summed it up best in another thread recently where the referendum should've been the start, and not the end of the subject. Nobody had a clue what they were getting themselves in for when they voted, especially those that voted leave. Leave politicians lied and tapped into fear of immigrants to get votes whilst the remain politicians (which in theory was the vast majority of MPs) did absolutely fuck all other than hoped it would all blew over. And now look at the mess of cum they all have to wipe up.

This is all on David Cameron for promising a referendum he never wanted in the first place, just in order to give him and his party more seats for a few more years. Well, that worked a treat didn't it, pig fucker.

He also couldn't be bloody arsed to even force change in the EU. He lazily attacked it, hyped up the fear to appeal to UKIP supporters and then put a referendum in the manifesto that he didn't even think he was going to have to honour. Coupled with austerity being proven to be an ideological choice rather than an actual necessity to cutting the deficit (which ones can also argue has contributed to the Brexit vote) means Cameron will go down as one of, if not THE, worst PM we've had since Chamberlain.

Smug wanker

• Paid Members

Fucking hell what a day. I’ve had got almost no work done because of this shit.

This is May’s decision to invoke Article 50 so soon coming back and biting everyone in the arse. Although I empathise with her shitty situation today to some degree, she made this mess herself by being so cavalier with Article 50.

Mogg’s press conference today was very telling. What he and the rest want is no deal straight up and he’s not hiding it anymore. They don’t even want to negotiate anymore, just get us out and deal with it later. 

What at I can’t understand is why the remain campaign didn’t seize on the Irish border issue. It’s such an obvious problem now but I don’t recall any mention of it during the campaign. 

Ive never truly believed we would leave, and I still don’t. Article 50 will get delayed I am sure and then all bets are off, but a 2nd vote would become realistic then, and I think remain would be the likely outcome if there was.

No one will ever admit it, but the truth of the matter is that no one in government understood the repercussions of leaving - or in fact, the benefits of our membership. Government for most of its members is a fairly well-paid ego trip.

To admit they have nowhere to go is to admit they never understood how good we had it in the first instance. This is the result of sheer and utter incompetence at the highest level. It’s a face saving exercise now.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, StrongStyle said:

No one will ever admit it, but the truth of the matter is that no one in government understood the repercussions of leaving - or in fact, the benefits of our membership. Government for most of its members is a fairly well-paid ego trip.

I don't even think it's something that innocent. 

I think we were never going to get the truth about Brexit from either side, because all the problems mentioned that have been attributed to the EU are actually the fault of the ruling political classes. To tell us the actual truth, they'd have to admit that they were the ones who fucked up the country, not the EU. The EU's responsible for a few problems, but the ones cited by the usuals are completely down to a succession of both Tory and Labour governments.

• Paid Members

We have two options left.

1. A new PM and no deal 

2. A labour government and starting from scratch again. 

I see option one being the only real possibility no way are the tories willing to put a new PM to the test right now.

Edited by quote the raven
Being a fool

This is the most fucked up political situation in my lifetime, it'd be hilarious to watch if the outcome weren't going to make such a huge difference to our lives.

I actually agree with a bunch of Leave supporters who've been saying that May's agreement is worse than either hard Brexit or indeed Remaining.  It's like they picked all the worst options regarding the NI border and just went with them all.

If we just fall off the cliff edge next year it will be a fucking disaster for a few years but ultimately trade agreements will get put in place and things will level out again.  This halfway house trades all of our current clout in the EU for no influence at all and we STILL don't have the sovereignty everyone seems to want.

It's like a nightmare we can't wake up from.  There are no good options.  

13 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

We have two options left.

1. A new MP and no deal 

2. A labour government and starting from scratch again. 

I see option one being the only real possibility no way are the tories willing to put a new MP to the test right now.

A new PM, not MP.  A massive difference for such a minor switch.

People like Duncan Smith, Rees Mogg, Raab and Johnson won't be happy unless we get a deal that reintroduces slavery of black people, stoning of homosexuals and forces all polish people back to Poland. They are right slimy fucks. They have fucked their leader over to make themselves look good. 

They want to walk away, pay nothing and assume the EU will come crawling. People who believe we are more important to them than they are to us are complete fuck wits. People still believe it, a fuck wit country at its best. 

I don't think another party would help. Labour have a lot of voters who voted leave. I think it would hurt heavily in the northern seats if they pulled section 50. Also any deal handed out is chosen by the EU. We will get a shit deal no matter what. 

• Paid Members

See the PM compared herself to Goeff Boycott earlier. Pfft, May's been in power for over two years. Boycott would still be getting himself "in" if he was our Prime Minister....