Sign in to follow this  
Supremo

When it’s Good it’s Fucking Great.

8 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

He wasn't supposed to be written off completely, him and Vince had a tiff after because Hogan had been led to believe the job to Brock would lead to a big rematch at MSG at Survivor Series, and Vince told him, after the killer job, nahhhh. So Hogan refused to go on the Australia tour to try and force Vince's arm (and Hogan was a huge star there, not an exaggeration to say him and Rock were equal attractions for that tour), but Vince said fine, and let him sit it out for a bit. Then they made up so they could do the Mania program together.

I never knew that.

The atmosphere at MSG for a Brock/Hogan title match would have been insane, can't believe that they thought Brock/Big Show was a better option than that.

I remembered something about Hogan thinking it’d lead to him getting the win back at Survivor Series. Amazing that one of the best jobs at putting someone over of the last few decades only came about because Hulk was essentially conned into doing it.

7 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I never knew that.

The atmosphere at MSG for a Brock/Hogan title match would have been insane, can't believe that they thought Brock/Big Show was a better option than that.

There would have been no sense in promoting that match, because it would’ve fallen apart in the planning stages. Doing the job again was never gonna work for Terry, brother. The match would never have happened.

That pretty much was when it fell apart - Hogan did believe he was going to win the title in MSG off the monster heel, and Vince told him that wasn't the plan.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Goldberg's WWE return and program with Brock was fucking incredible. Their blow off match at Mania delivered beyond belief and blew the roof off the fucking place. Absolute box office drama built expertly and executed brilliantly at the elite level. 

Absolutely phenomenal. 

I still maintain that the Goldberg return and run is my all time favourite thing in wrestling. Booked to perfection with the element of suspension whilst playing to his strengths and covering his weaknesses; the initial match, rumble win and mania match are just wonderful.

I can't think of much else that could top it. 

On 12/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, The King of Old School said:

Wow, I know Hogan loves himself but surely even he could see that him beating Brock for the title at that time would have been a ridiculous decision.

Not for Hulk it wouldn't have been, brother. 

Goldberg going face to face with 'Taker in that Rumble was amazing. They didn't have to do anything but breathe heavily at one another.

On 12/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, The King of Old School said:

Wow, I know Hogan loves himself but surely even he could see that him beating Brock for the title at that time would have been a ridiculous decision.

I'd watch it even now.

Even better is if Hulk headlined the next WM beating three of the workrate perves' favourites in a 3 on 1 handicap match squash. I cheered at the end of WM9 and I'd fucking cheer now!

Edited by garynysmon