Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Supremo

When it’s Good it’s Fucking Great.

Recommended Posts

I watched (and loved!) this match for the first time in years on the weekend, but feel the need to watch it again now! Good post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 4:41 PM, garynysmon said:

I'd watch it even now.

Even better is if Hulk headlined the next WM beating three of the workrate perves' favourites in a 3 on 1 handicap match squash. I cheered at the end of WM9 and I'd fucking cheer now!

Your not the only one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE released the Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon Wrestlemania match on Facebook just now. I’ve just sat and watched the whole thing again. Still an absolute joy from start to finish. The bit where Ronda starts beating up Hunter is peak pro-wrestling.

I don’t think I saw anyone mention this match when discussing the best of the decade, which is absolutely criminal in retrospect. So much fucking fun.

8A5198E6-1F92-42C3-A3C2-376455CFC863.gif.58d5183eeaced889fd86ea76cf477233.gif

The BEST. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

WWE released the Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon Wrestlemania match on Facebook just now. I’ve just sat and watched the whole thing again. Still an absolute joy from start to finish. The bit where Ronda starts beating up Hunter is peak pro-wrestling.

I don’t think I saw anyone mention this match when discussing the best of the decade, which is absolutely criminal in retrospect. So much fucking fun.

8A5198E6-1F92-42C3-A3C2-376455CFC863.gif.58d5183eeaced889fd86ea76cf477233.gif

The BEST. 

Ronda and Kurt are probably the two finest examples of cross over stars picking up the psychology and art of performance ridiculously quickly. 

That debut match from Ronda at Mania was fucking awesome. Steph and HHH were outstanding as well. 

The crowd eat it up which is always brilliant to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple H was masterful in that match. You forget sometimes how good Hunter can be when he's arsed. That and the Bryan match at 'Mania are two where I think he was utterly sublime in the role he played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 10:28 AM, Supremo said:

I don’t think I saw anyone mention this match when discussing the best of the decade, which is absolutely criminal in retrospect. So much fucking fun.

8A5198E6-1F92-42C3-A3C2-376455CFC863.gif.58d5183eeaced889fd86ea76cf477233.gif

The BEST. 

Only one nomination (me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 12:09 PM, IronSheik said:

Ronda and Kurt are probably the two finest examples of cross over stars picking up the psychology and art of performance ridiculously quickly. 

That debut match from Ronda at Mania was fucking awesome. Steph and HHH were outstanding as well. 

The crowd eat it up which is always brilliant to see. 

When HHH is out of the ring and Angle is crawling towards Ronda for the Tag Stephanie is amazing as she realises what is about to happen "Hunter .  . . HUNTER!" Cue Ronda sprinting across the ring and throwing Steph in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I normally can't stand Steph but she was near flawless in that match. The final moments when Ronda has Steph set up for the Armbar and Steph is just screaming at her not to do it almost had me feeling sorry for her for a split second, until you remember what a cunt she is and that she absolutely deserves what's coming to her. Honestly, it's one of my favourite endings to a match ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's my favourite match of the decade, off the top of my head anyway. Everyone was on top form. Rhonda was unreal, what an aura she had in that match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, also one of my favourite matches ever.  Perfect pro wrestling, everyone plays their part absolutely spot on, and also the moment when we all realised what a massive star Rousey was going to be.

Even if we only get that 12 months, she'll still go down as one of their top stars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 8:03 AM, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Hogan vs Rock at Wm for me

I was 22/23 and marked out like I was 8 all over again

This insight from Rock in particular was brilliant. What a fucking masterpiece of listening to an audience and adapting the psychology of a match to perfection. Got chills with some of Rock's recount. Had a chuckle at Hogan's crowd figure of 70k. But great content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s an amazing insight into how the very top guys do their thing.

 They’re both talking about riding the emotion of the crowd and adapting in the moment.  Really interesting that they had practiced the match with Hogan as the heel but in the moment Rock went heel and Hogan called the match on the fly - and the result is one of the best judged matches ever.

 Hogan talking about slowing a sequence down and pacing it to the reaction sound of the crowd - almost the exact opposite of how modern WWE wrestlers would work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Loki said:

Hogan talking about slowing a sequence down and pacing it to the reaction sound of the crowd - almost the exact opposite of how modern WWE wrestlers would work.

Now they have the pauses in matches for reactions that aren't there. Like they stop for the crowd reactions in promos when the crowd are saying nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Loki said:

That’s an amazing insight into how the very top guys do their thing.

 They’re both talking about riding the emotion of the crowd and adapting in the moment.  Really interesting that they had practiced the match with Hogan as the heel but in the moment Rock went heel and Hogan called the match on the fly - and the result is one of the best judged matches ever.

 Hogan talking about slowing a sequence down and pacing it to the reaction sound of the crowd - almost the exact opposite of how modern WWE wrestlers would work.

This is what i miss. storytelling to fit the crowd. Rock was amazing at it, did the same against Brock at SS, heard how the crowd was going and went with it. Bret SC at 13 was planned but the timing in that was equally perfect. Also another one that is forgotten is Shawn & Shamrock, just watch shawn in the match every more and nuance is in response to the crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...