Xmas : Presents advice and suggestions

RancidPunx

Yep, you are right. It’s far too early to start talking about Christmas . Completely agree with you there.

However, I’m generally quite a lazy and unorganised bollocks. I’m the type that usually goes Christmas shopping on Dec 21st, decides he hates crowds and shopping and ends up getting everyone a voucher and wishing I was even a little bit more organised.. 

Not this year.

So with that in mind, I thought I would start a thread where folks can make post questions, suggestions , helpful tips to try and help folks who don’t know where to start and avoid the panic and disappoint to which my family have become accustomed ... 

So........

The Mrs: Was going to get her a printed out photo album of some of pics of us through the years. Does anybody know any sites where you can submit like 100 pictures and they will print you out a nice album ?

The Neice : Aged 10. She likes drawing and drew up a nice little logo/emoji type thing a few months ago that she was dead proud of. I was going to get it printed on either a hoodie or T-shirt for her. Again, anybody know any decent sites that might be able to do this for me ?

The brother : Aged 40. Likes fun board games for him and the wife. Anybody got any really fun easy to play ones ?

If anybody has any suggestions or any questions then post them. I get the hate of people taking about Xmas too early so if this really bothers you then maybe this ain’t the thread for you .

Thnaks all

50 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

The Mrs: Was going to get her a printed out photo album of some of pics of us through the years. Does anybody know any sites where you can submit like 100 pictures and they will print you out a nice album ?

Photobox, apologies for the Mail link but here is a 50% off code https://discountcode.dailymail.co.uk/photobox

Further to Keith’s suggestion, we got some nice books made by Blurb (http://www.blurb.com/). You can design and drag & drop everything in and position things however you want. Got one for our wedding and another for our honeymoon. They’re offering 40% off till the end of tomorrow using the code ‘BESTGIFT4T’

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

The brother : Aged 40. Likes fun board games for him and the wife. Anybody got any really fun easy to play ones ?

Scrawl. It's the best 'party' game I've ever played. It's a cross between Pictionary and Chinese Whispers; you draw something from a card and the person to your left writes down what they think it is, then the next person draws their guess, passes it along to the next who person who guesses it what it is etc etc. It's so much fun that I'm buying a few boxes for my wedding guests to play at their tables.

https://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gift-games/scrawl-adult-party-game/11541454.html

• Awards Moderator

Great to get in front of these things, nice one. 

Re: albums there are millions of sites that do this. Also your larger Tesco and Boots do it too. 

Printing: I've always found one off printing on the pricey side, I've found local print shops better value. 

Games: four easy big hitters: Monarchy, a royal card game; Whoonu, easily the most inclusive and fun game to play with any group (predict what things this person likes); Ticket To Ride is the standard gateway drug for getting people off shite like Monopoly; Go Sushi, a ridiculously cute card game. 

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

I always buy my brother a joke present, maybe something daft that's usually a reference to something from when we were kids or a daft in-joke, and then maybe a book or an album, then do him a mix CD of music to check out - we've been doing that for years, and he's always been the easiest member of the family to buy for as a result.

I'm drawing a blank on the gift this year, though. Most of our conversations in recent months have been around Athletico Mince, and Bob Mortimer's appearances on Would I Lie To You?, so I was going to get him some Fuji 9, but it turns out it costs about £150, so fuck that. He's already got the Athletico Mince book, T-shirt, and most (if not all) Vic & Bob stuff on DVD, so I'm drawing a blank.

Anyone got any ideas of something perhaps a little more outside the box?

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

We only went for the day out Keith and really enjoyed it - have never looked into that side of the industry. 

Didn't want to cause offence.

None taken! I liken Crufts to high end "Gentlemans Clubs", they are the top end of the industry but below all that, it's a horror show.  A cousin of mine is a successful breeder of Shar Peis and is big on the health of them and ensuring they are sold to good homes, but alas not everyone is and they are in it to make money and treat the dogs really bad.

• Paid Members
On 11/16/2018 at 9:50 AM, BomberPat said:

I always buy my brother a joke present, maybe something daft that's usually a reference to something from when we were kids or a daft in-joke, and then maybe a book or an album, then do him a mix CD of music to check out - we've been doing that for years, and he's always been the easiest member of the family to buy for as a result.

I'm drawing a blank on the gift this year, though. Most of our conversations in recent months have been around Athletico Mince, and Bob Mortimer's appearances on Would I Lie To You?, so I was going to get him some Fuji 9, but it turns out it costs about £150, so fuck that. He's already got the Athletico Mince book, T-shirt, and most (if not all) Vic & Bob stuff on DVD, so I'm drawing a blank.

Anyone got any ideas of something perhaps a little more outside the box?

What about a physical copy of the song Mortimer recorded with Chris Rea he recently mentioned on WILTY? I've had a look for the actual single which has proved fruitless, but I'm sure you can rip the youtube version to a blank CD.