Survivor Series

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lesnar vs. Bryan is so intriguing, especially with Bryan now heel. But Lesnar literally just destroyed a 'monster' in Braun Strowman so not sure how this will play out with much smaller Bryan.

Plus the fact he might have to go slightly easier on Bryan due to his injuries. It may be an uncomfortable watch!

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, bigfoote said:

For fear of being at the whim of scheduling, several places, citing WWE.com, say that the 205 title match is on the main card.

I'd be happy for it to be the case, Murphy is one of my wrestlers of the year. But I'll believe it when I see it!

Tuning in tonight solely for Bryan vs Brock. Despite the fact it has literally 0 build, it's one of the only matches left in WWE that you can attach a genuine "dream match" moniker to, and the result is in a bit more of a question given Bryan's recent heel turn. 

Gutted that we aren't getting Becky vs Ronda, but unless they're even stupider than I thought, they'll use this to make Becky even hotter than she already is, and use it to propel her towards the Wrestlemania main event. Skimming through the card, and nothing else is really standing out. Rollins/Nakamura should be great, but won't live up to expectation. Neither of the Survivor Series matches look like anything noteworthy. AOP vs BAR could be a good knock though.

How the fuck has Bobby Roode fallen so hard, so quickly? I know he's got a limited shelf life with his age, and he was never going to be a sustained main eventer, but he's everything Vince likes in a upper-midcarder. In the span of a year he's gone from sharing the ring with Triple H and Cena to Lince Dorado and Epico. That's some fall.

Pre-show match was terrifying. Proper trainwreck stuff for the first half. That'll give Maffew enough material for his entire next episode. Did a great job demonstrating how paper thin RAW's tag division is at the moment though. Thankfully they managed to get some good stuff going once all the fat had been trimmed, with Gable especially looking fantastic. Shame they'll never do anything with him, mind.

Weird, but entirely predictable that injuring the most over star in your company lands you a big win on a major PPV. They need to go all out with it if they properly want it to work. Should've given her the KO Punch as a finisher and have her swinging like Tyson. Makes sense that you'd have her go over, because she was easily the biggest star of that match, but eh. She's still crap. How dead in the water is Asuka at the minute? Another match that was far improved once they got rid of the shit (kudos for taking Tamina out of the equation within 30 seconds)

Corbin is so shit. That backstage stuff with himself, Steph, Paige and Shane was coma-inducing. He's the absolute pits. Never heard anyone cut a promo in such a monotone manner. 

Seth's shirt is very, very bad. Getting Californias to chant about stuff burning down is...topical. Great match though, easily the best Nakamura has looked in a good while. Pleasantly surprised to see that Seth went over clean. Felt like a New Japan style of match at times, especially with the strike exchanges and the missed Frog Splash into the Kinshasa. Liked this a lot. Thumbs up.

Enzo is a bad cunt. An incredibly embarrassing human being. Don't want to dedicate any more characters to him, so I'll begin and end it there.

Vince McMahon is a fucking enigma. Ending a match between your two top teams with a pissing angle. You just know he's sat in Gorilla keeling over watching that play out. Typical. Match was pretty cold anyway, so I don't think I'll complain too much. Least it somewhat avoids having one of your champions taking a completely clean fall. Decent whilst it lasted.

Interesting seeing the Cruiserweight lads getting a slot in the middle of the card, makes a nice change from being shunted onto the pre-show. Enjoyed the video package before Murphy/Ali as well - did a good job of getting Ali over nicely, I really liked the outdoors style of promos as opposed to the typical polished WWE production. Just the little things. Ali attempting to kill himself to get 205 Live from about three people isn't fun though, especially that massive bump from the top rope into the barricade. Really, really good match. A rare occasion of WWE's insistence of guys wrestling in a 50/50 working well, and making both wrestlers look equally good. Thumbs up.

Who had the idea of taking Joe out within the first minute? Dropped a bollock there, fucking hell. Didn't help either that it was the exact same booking format as the earlier women's match. Balor looked great, his hot tag was really enjoyable. I think you could throw him in with anyone from that Smackdown team and it would be worth a watch. Rey put in a good shift as well. Punished Shane was fucking hilarious. Comfortably better than the bollocks we got last year, that's for sure. Didn't envision another clean win, maybe a scenario where Drew costs Braun, stopping him from getting his title shot in the process, but nope. We have to get across RAW is the A show, damnit.

They don't half make it clear who the stars are. Every other fucker ambling out wearing their brand's shirt, and then you've got Rousey and Shane parading in their own gear, looking levels above everyone else merely by presentation. Was good to see Ronda still working with Edmund with the state of her punches. Charlotte's face pisses me off tenfold, even moreso when she insists on bursting into tears whenever she has to sell. I liked the match, thought it was solid. Felt sloppy and rough around the edges but I think that it fit the narrative of a Rousey match. Another fucking heel turn though? Do they have any pure babyfaces left? Or is everyone just meandering around in this shade of grey? Fair fucks to Ronda, she was taking some fucking lumps with that kendo stick, and she did a really good sell job post-match. 

Bryan looked like a boss coming out with that belt. Loved the touch of Heyman listing Lesnar as the exact cutoff for the UFC Heavyweight division. That fucking knee! Whopper of a sell job from Brock, he can properly go when he fancies it. When he puts a shift in, he's absolutely great. Loved this match, great storytelling, and they almost got me biting on the Yes Lock finish before I stopped being a fucking moron and realised of course Brock isn't tapping out in a fake fight before he goes back to the UFC. Think I preferred that to the AJ match.

All in all, a fun show. Enjoyed that. The positives definetely outweighed the negatives.

As said, the positives outweigh the shit.

I wonder if Joe is working hurt, hence the quick elimination? Have heard rumours about the plantar fasciitis he suffered causing longer term issues.

You just know the piss angle was for Vince to get Graves to use the phrase "better to be pissed on than pissed off"

Again Seth puts on a blinder with Shinsuke, would love to see these two work more together...maybe once the death of the Shield runs it's course

Women's SS match, not much to say other than I'm glad WWE are capitalising on the nuclear heat Nia is getting, it almost makes her tolerable. Oh, and can we get Alexa in business attire forever?

Men's SS - Mentioned Joe above, and agreed, much better than I anticipated. Shane killing himself was a highlight.

Ronda/Charlotte... lacklustre til the turn, which for me, kinda worked if Charlotte now moves to RAW (no mention about her taking off the SD shirt from the commentary team, but that's how my booking mind saw it). Ronda still improving, and I would have liked to see Noble or Mercury take a bump.

Bryan/Brock - I've heard it said before, when he [Lesnar] wants to work, he will put the effort in. And this was good. I almost believed the second Yes lock would do it. 

Good show, but pales in comparison to NXT...again.

B-, better but still needs more work.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

No live discussion, I know, but this didnt happen on the show. Silly cunt Enzo just turned up in the crowd and got kicked out because he was causing a scnee by shouting his catchphrases out. Sad as fuck. Starved for attention.

Nutter. Burned bridge for life. Only took one guy to grab him too, Tee hee.

image.png

• Paid Members

That was a weird show but there was quite a lot of fun stuff on it. I only watch the ppvs so I couldn't believe my boy Brock was fighting a heel Daniel Bryan with no buildup, that's a real dream match.
Even though I've never seen that heel Bryan before, him taking that beating then delivering a great comeback with those creepy facial expressions did a nice job of putting across what he's about and I got totally sucked into the match. 

• Paid Members

Such a frustrating company. Incredible action again but baffling booking.

The decision to whitewash Smackdown is their hard-on for Raw again. That's WWE 101. Why would you though? Its your show. I know it's a response to Shane shithousing his way to that best in the world thing but do that without shitting on the wrestlers you expect to make money. 

The whole shirts thing is so utterly shit. Rollins and Naka looked like such losers. Why don't they just give them all a brief of "wear red and have a prominent Raw logo" and sort your own gear? You'd then get a different spin from everyone. 

They turn Charlotte heel, presumably, and she looks such a bad ass that she gets cheered. You have to laugh.

Main event was so great once it got going. The twenty years of Lesnar throwing around Bryan while he sold near death was boring though. Cut that shorter and it's a match of the year.

Enjoyable show overall because of the work in the ring. Head scratching if you think too hard about anything.

Archived