Cain Velasquez - The Return

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

It's a point worth bringing up, but I don't think you can break title defence records (particularly in the modern era) and not be considered a great of the division. It's not like he was beating nobodies too - I think we had a discussion on here, comparing his record to Cain's title run and Stipe has the more impressive record. 

A shame DC will never give him the chance of a rematch, no doubt he deserves it, but DC is very honest in that Stipe just isn't selling you tickets. It's part of the reason people have been very dismissive of Stipe throughout his title reign. In fact, it was only around the DC fight that people seemed to be giving him his respect. Now people are scoffing at him again; Velasquez has never once had this sort of push back, for some reason.

DC is definitely in the conversation as a HW great. I mean, he's undefeated in the division and usually always looks impressive. The fact he sparked out a beast like Stipe in a round points to his greatness.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Yeah that’s shite. He’d nearly cleaned out the division before DC twatted him. There was really only DC and Cain left to beat. To completely erase him from the discussion because he lost to one of the best ever is bollocks. That’s like discounting Cain for the JDS loss or Fedor for his losses post-prime. And as much as I liked him, if Randy Couture qualifies in the GOAT heavyweights convo then I don’t see how Stipe doesn’t. Stipe did way more at heavyweight than Randy did. 

• Paid Members

On the subject of Cain and WWE, it just seems like the strangest pairing ever. 

Dude's a straight killer in the Octagon and it works there, but there's nothing about him that screams he has bags of natural charisma like a Ronda or a Brock. From what I remember, hes not much of a talker too. A quiet, softly spoken dude who appears to shy away from the camera if possible. 

Looks so strange when I picture it in my head. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, ColinBollocks said:

DC is definitely in the conversation as a HW great. I mean, he's undefeated in the division and usually always looks impressive. The fact he sparked out a beast like Stipe in a round points to his greatness.

Points to his greatness like the finger that went into Stipe's eye, eh? 

Yeah, I don't see Cain in WWE, he doesn't strike me as someone who'd flourish there, at all.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

It's mad

I watched him with Ariel last night and yeah, he seems well into his wrestling and is super impressed with the setup and how the WWE do things. 

Mentioned tagging with DC and even said he spent time trying to think of a gimmick and how he would act as a character. 

It's seems the worst fit possible, but he's definitely interested. Said he'd even be up for doing both gigs simultaneously, which is laughable considering his injuries. Crackers. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

Cain needs to have a chat with Ken Shamrock about which sport is tougher on your body.

If he's constantly getting injured training for MMA, wait until he starts taking regular bumps. He'll be dust by the time he has his first match in WWE.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/26/18282896/cain-velasquez-to-make-pro-wrestling-debut-at-triplemania

This kind of came out of left field. On one hand, it suggests at least Cain doesn't seem to be seriously injured. On the other, I'm not sure how much fighting is really at the front of his mind if he's training and promoting a Lucha match for August.

• Paid Members

Odds on his debut performance being shite and his fans crying ‘he had the air conditioning on too high in his hotel room the night before so he came in with a nasty case of the sniffles. If the REAL Cain showed up it’d have got 12 stars off Dave Meltzer.’ 

• 4 months later...