Sign in to follow this  
ColinBollocks

Cain Velasquez - The Return

It's a point worth bringing up, but I don't think you can break title defence records (particularly in the modern era) and not be considered a great of the division. It's not like he was beating nobodies too - I think we had a discussion on here, comparing his record to Cain's title run and Stipe has the more impressive record. 

A shame DC will never give him the chance of a rematch, no doubt he deserves it, but DC is very honest in that Stipe just isn't selling you tickets. It's part of the reason people have been very dismissive of Stipe throughout his title reign. In fact, it was only around the DC fight that people seemed to be giving him his respect. Now people are scoffing at him again; Velasquez has never once had this sort of push back, for some reason.

DC is definitely in the conversation as a HW great. I mean, he's undefeated in the division and usually always looks impressive. The fact he sparked out a beast like Stipe in a round points to his greatness.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Yeah that’s shite. He’d nearly cleaned out the division before DC twatted him. There was really only DC and Cain left to beat. To completely erase him from the discussion because he lost to one of the best ever is bollocks. That’s like discounting Cain for the JDS loss or Fedor for his losses post-prime. And as much as I liked him, if Randy Couture qualifies in the GOAT heavyweights convo then I don’t see how Stipe doesn’t. Stipe did way more at heavyweight than Randy did. 

On the subject of Cain and WWE, it just seems like the strangest pairing ever. 

Dude's a straight killer in the Octagon and it works there, but there's nothing about him that screams he has bags of natural charisma like a Ronda or a Brock. From what I remember, hes not much of a talker too. A quiet, softly spoken dude who appears to shy away from the camera if possible. 

Looks so strange when I picture it in my head. 

Now THAT I’d like to see.

”Did I ever tell you about the time I farted in practice and followed through? The guys at AKA still call me Stain Velasquez.”

Then leaves the ring like this...

5BFAE2EB-A984-4179-9590-109517EA1928.gif

On 11/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, ColinBollocks said:

DC is definitely in the conversation as a HW great. I mean, he's undefeated in the division and usually always looks impressive. The fact he sparked out a beast like Stipe in a round points to his greatness.

Points to his greatness like the finger that went into Stipe's eye, eh? 

Yeah, I don't see Cain in WWE, he doesn't strike me as someone who'd flourish there, at all.