The UKFF Thesaurus

Keith Houchen

Wellend - Usually a gentleman of slightly advancing years who thinks he is in Oasis.  They are often clad in mod paraphernalia such as a fishtail parka and Ben Sherman tops but always have a ridiculous barnet usually sported by runner up to Alan Shearer in Britains most boring man, and alleged rapist Paul Weller. And they are all either a proud or a shy Tory.

(I should point out in the interest of balance that I am a gentleman of slightly advanced years who has quite long hair.  However, I didn't pay upwards of 100 quid for it and when I look in the mirror, the last thing I think is "Yes, I look really good today")

• 3 years later...

The Gervais Position

The act of inventing an argument or a fictitious person saying something so that you can express your opinion that you’ve wanted to do for some time but the opportunity hasn’t arisen. 

(I used this ages ago but watching After Life reminded me of it)

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The Gervais Position

The act of inventing an argument or a fictitious person saying something so that you can express your opinion that you’ve wanted to do for some time but the opportunity hasn’t arisen. 

(I used this ages ago but watching After Life reminded me of it)

What's the term for saying something offensive, but it being okay because you followed it with, "bit racist, yeah?" and did a face?