Wrestlemania 35

The King of Old School

52 minutes ago, air_raid said:

That sounds very plausible. Shame Elias gets beaten but yeah, that is a card I could see them doing.

Except you have nothing for Miz.

Good shout, can't believe I missed him off, maybe have him involved in the Shane/Bryan match in some way?

Could lump him in the Andre battle royal or US Title matches but he should be well above both of those at the moment.

I'm probably forgetting people, but working on the assumption that both Brock and Trips are unavailable, and HBK goes back into retirement, I'm also not using Taker because as much as I love the guy, he needs to stop:

WWE title - AJ Styles vs Cena (Cena wins, beats Flair's record for the big show-closing match / moment / pyro)

Universal title - Strowman vs McIntyre (if Brock's available, he can slot in here for a triple threat)

IC title - Rollins vs Ambrose (some kind of streetfight / falls count anywhere stip)

US title ladder match - Nakamura, Jeff Hardy, Rey, Joe, Miz, Orton, Kofi, Rusev

Corbin vs Angle - Raw GM'ship at stake

Charlotte vs Ronda Rousey (Raw woman's title)

Becky Lynch vs Asuka (SD woman's title)

Daniel Bryan vs Shane (or as a dark horse shout - Chris Jericho)

SD Tag - The Bar vs The Usos

Andre Battle Royal - won by Finn Balor

Not a match, but some kind of Elias / the Rock musical segment

Pre-show:

Raw tag titles - AoP vs another Raw team, let's go with The Revival for no good reason

Woman's battle royal

Something for the cruiserweights to do.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

I was searching for something and bumped into this great thread by @tiger_rick:

Some decent soothsaying there. 

Fascinating read. I love the second part of this comment from @FelatioLips on the first page:

So you think The Usos and Cesaro won't be around in 5 years, but you think the semi-retired/retired Taker, HBK, and HHH will be top stars?

• Awards Moderator
22 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Yeah, that made me chuckle this morning. Was a spot on prediction from @MoKonjic. Can't blame @FelatioLips for his point but in hindsight, it doesn't stand up.

Didn't Mo (not that one) end up doing something... weird? I can't put my finger on what it was.

Great thread though. I love all the "... and hahahahaha Sting will compete."

I think if HBK doesn't do Mania then they may try do a rematch with Undertaker/Cena.

Cena will either do the whole 'I will win this time' and be all bravado about it or they will try spin it the other way this time with The Undertaker trying to goad Cena, although the only way this could happen is if Undertaker was the WWE Champion and Cena had to beat him to beat the record. Not sure if I like that idea though as they would need to find a way of putting the belt on Undertaker and that seems unlikely (and quite shit tbh)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Didn't Mo (not that one) end up doing something... weird? I can't put my finger on what it was.

I might be getting the details wrong...but I seem to remember he was on a LAD TV programme, possibly Dapper Laughs, who proceeded to give him a makeover to make him more of a 'pussy magnet' or something. This is the guy that looked a bit like Dave Mastiff, right?

As for the old WWE 2019 predictions thread, great find! My personal favourite is Steve (@Bellenda Carlisle) predicting that Rey, Kane, HHH, Cena, Taker and Big Show will all be retired. Every single one of those old fuckers have wrestled at a major WWE show within the past month or so!

• Paid Members

It's hard getting people on this card, but we know Shane McMahon will be on there. There will be a few multiple person matches, and I have no interest in seeing Miz Vs Daniel Bryan anymore. So go full bore with them, make them a strange bedfellows tag team who challenge/defend the tag team belts against Shane O' Mac and his enforcer, Samoa Joe (I would make Shane the manager here with Nakamura as Joe's partner, but no chance WWE would in the same spot).

Cena Vs AJ for the WWE Title.

Orton Vs  Batista.

Mysterio/Almas/Rusev/Nakamura/Hardy for the US Title.

Something for the tag teams, Becky Vs somebody, and the remaining Smackdown folks in the two battle royals. 

• Awards Moderator

Had a think about my predicted/hoped for card this morning and came up with the following:

Raw Women’s Title

Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair

(This main events but the crowd chants for Becky because WWE have failed on their Mania main event reactions for years so why stop now)

WWE Title

John Cena vs Samoa Joe

(Styles loses the belt in a four way fatal at the Rumble against Joe, Miz and Bryan, for whom they’ve decided to run with the odd couple tag team thing. Cena turns up and they play off their history and the 17th title thing. Joe can lose to John and it won’t hurt him)

Universal Title

Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre

(This is dependent on (I) them committing to a rocket strap on Drew including a Rumble win, and (II) them being able to convince Brock to (II.1) let Drew win this and (II.2) put a shift in and not half arse it. If they manage that, this will be great)

Phenom vs Phenomenal

Undertaker vs AJ Styles

(Once AJ loses the belt he’ll still need a high profile match. Michaels may have re-retired but Taker’s not going anywhere. ‘Similar nicknames’ will do for a reason. And it’s a match I’d hope would go along the lines of Taker vs Edge)

Some sort of final grudge match

Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose

(Keep it going keep it building blow it off at Mania)

SmackDown Women’s Title 

Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss

(The best possible option for Becky away from Rousey. I thought about rebuilding Asuka to either feed her to Lynch, or to win the belt and see if Becky can excel even without the title, but I wouldn't be opposed to Alexa Bliss taking Asuka's place here. Lynch vs. Bliss would be great)

SmackDown Tag Titles

Daniel Bryan & Miz vs New Day

(As above, they’re going to run with the odd couple thing. Win the belts off the Bar at TLC, go with a hate-each-other-but-hate-losing-more thing, with audiences booing Miz and cheering Bryan. New Day get on the card too)

Winner gets to be Raw GM or something

Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin

(They’ll drag this out and give Kurt a nice easy win. And he can announce his retirement?)

The ‘Braun needs a match’ Match

Braun Strowman vs Shane McMahon

(There aren’t enough part timers on the card so Shane’s in. Let Strowman smash him)

Intercontinental Title Get Em On The Card Match

Bobby Lashley vs Elias vs Finn Balor

(Lashley’s the champ. I’d dearly love an Elias/Rock concert but I just can’t see it happening. Maybe before this match? Maybe? Hopefully.)

Women’s Tag Team Titles

Sasha Banks & Bayley vs Nia Jax & Tamina Snuka

(These belts will be unveiled at Mania. The Sasha turn’s never coming, may as well get them both a Mania match as a team)

US Title Get Em On The Card Match

Rey Mysterio vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy vs Andrade Cien Almas vs Rusev

(Rey goes in as champ, Almas leaves as champ)

Raw Tag Team Titles

Undisputed Era vs AOP

(I’m bringing the Era in on Raw around Rumble time. AOP’s not a great fit for them but there’s bugger all else tag team wise there right now which is why I’m bringing Era in!)

Andre Battle Royal, now with Cruiserweights

(Bringing us to a total of 14 matches which is in line with the last few years)

Pre-show’s probably going to end up with Andre, Raw tags, Women’s tags and probably the US Title to make a 10 match main card. The IC match makes it on the main show despite being a bit lacklustre because if The Rock can come in to do a bit with Elias, the star power of him alone shoots the match up the card.

(If I work on the X-Seven Principle of an 11 match card, though, the US Title’s getting on the show.)

On 11/8/2018 at 1:05 PM, PunkStep said:

I might be getting the details wrong...but I seem to remember he was on a LAD TV programme, possibly Dapper Laughs, who proceeded to give him a makeover to make him more of a 'pussy magnet' or something. This is the guy that looked a bit like Dave Mastiff, right?

Indeed.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/watch-tile-hill-man-gets-7888813.amp

and he got caught up in the press defending Ol’ harmless Dapper:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/watch-dapper-laughs-coventry-sidekick-8095154.amp

Odd he predicted the wrestling landscape so well, yet didn’t see the Dapper Laughs backlash coming.

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:52 AM, The King of Old School said:

I think they will go with the following, presuming HHH is out and Brock is doing UFC..

HBK vs The Undertaker

WWE Title - AJ vs Cena

Universal Title - Rollins vs Ambrose

Raw Womans - Ronda vs Charlotte

Smackdown Womans - Becky vs Auska

IC Title - Drew vs Elias

Batista vs Orton

Braun vs Lashley

Angle vs Corbin

Bryan vs Shane

US Title - Nakamura vs Rey vs Hardy vs Joe

Smackdown Tag Title - The Bar vs The Uso's vs New Day vs Wyatt & Harper (as a surprise team, urgh)

Andre Battle Royal

Womans Battle Royal

Cruiserweight Title Match

15 matches seems about right for the 7 hour marathon, I hope they make Mania a two day event in future, it's all far too much.

Well this looks well off at the moment.

Archived